mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Well, being someone that came from a home where my parents (well, parent anyway) felt it was their responsibility to make sure I did not become a blight on society. Who's doing that for these children? The rest of society...

Ya, punish the parents for thinking they had the right to give up that responsibility, but what of the responsibility they gave up? It's unfair to both sides of the equation. I say they should also set up work programs so at least these kids are giving back to the society that is now charged with their upbringing.

I don't have kids because I am not at a point where I can take on that responsibility, but I will sure as hell die before I force my responsibility onto others. (That's what life insurance is for. Get a policy, put yourself out of your misery, and hope your kid doesn't screw up like you. (And make the death believable. Life insurance doesn't pay out on suicide.))
p8ntguykenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

what is it with you folks south of the border?

have you people never heard of ADOPTION!?
or FOSTER CARE!?

my Grand Parents on my Father's side Fostered as many as 9 boys from the on set of WWII till the early 60's.
that is 9 boys in addition to my Father and my Uncle Elgin.

hell I AM AN ADOPTED CHILD!!

I was Adopted as an Infant;
only a week or 2 old... i think...

in 1965 a 16 year old girl from Newfoundland was raped, her family shipped her off to Toronto to have the baby that was created as a result of that rape and in March of 1966 I was born.
I am that rape child, adopted at X number days old. (somewhere between 5 and 14 days i think)

and all is well with the universe.

why wont you folks put these "UNWANTED" children up for ADOPTION,
so that people that want to have, love and look after kids can and will do so!
it fixes so many problem at all levels,
it's really not that complicated.
there is no abortion, no child abandonment,
and the kid gets a break that they may never get other wise.

even the "teen Mom" gets a second chance if she will let her child be adopted by a loving stable home.
LK-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
I think Neb. passed legislation to close the loopholes in their law. It was well intended but people found ways to use it for their own reasons.
I heard the same thing. I wonder when that legislation goes into affect though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Because, ya know, health care reform is what Hitler and the Nazi's were known for.
Here is my feedback thread:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to grEnAlEins

That is ten steps beyond disgusting. At least they will allegedly fix it in January though...
Old 10-28-2008, 11:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntguykenny View Post
Ya, punish the parents for thinking they had the right to give up that responsibility, but what of the responsibility they gave up? It's unfair to both sides of the equation. I say they should also set up work programs so at least these kids are giving back to the society that is now charged with their upbringing.

Because at 15 you have so many choices about what your parents do... Yeah, that makes sense. Life royally screws them over so let's make them pay for a sub-par existence.

I don't have kids because I am not at a point where I can take on that responsibility, but I will sure as hell die before I force my responsibility onto others. (That's what life insurance is for. Get a policy, put yourself out of your misery, and hope your kid doesn't screw up like you. (And make the death believable. Life insurance doesn't pay out on suicide.))
Sometimes people on this Forum depress me. We've spent tens of thousands of years developing compassion and then we throw it all away whenever it isn't convenient.

Going off the 2006 census figures I found it would cost each Nebraskan about $.02 a year to provide $30,000 of support, which IMHO is more than enough to support her. (Population of Nebraska)

But screw that, why should we give up $.02 a year? You work hard to earn that two cents. I mean, why should a government of the people, by the people, and for the people help an abandoned 15 year old girl. Make her work!

Watching the rain--and waiting for Heaven.

CyberNations
Duzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Thats where good people come in, that have come out of that development of compassion. I find that good honest compassion is so much better than state sponsored cookie cutter compassion, expecially fromt eh stories I hear form my cousin who works as a social worker.

I find that no matter where you go, you alway find some good people. Lots of times you can find them in similar places too. Just being at EMR to see people rally around a single man who was brutally attacked, and see them give so much, brings faith back when you look at the cross section of those who gave and helped out.

I hope to have kids some day, and my wife and I have talked about adoption, and I wouldnt hesitate in that time to take in an abandoned child. And if our home wasnt the best place to raise that child, we would work our butts off to find that family they were destined to be brought to eventually.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yup, lots of good people out there. My mom had 8 miscarriages other than me, my parents really wanted a big family.

They ended up taking in 4 other kids as their own, and other kids for short times just to help them out.

I hope to be able to do the same when a kid needs help. there's plenty of others out there. My wife's grandfather was taken in by a farm family when he was 12, he finally had enough to eat that he didn't go to bed every night hungry. That was what he faced when he was with his mom and step dad. He had to work for the family on the farm, but a warm bed, and good food, and going to school (yeah he actually appreciated it, because he wasn't forced to go) more than made up for it.

I will say this law could be used as an effective threat to your teenager when they get mouthy, the old "If you don't shape up, we are going on a road trip to Nebraska" line

Joking, just joking..
The greatest want of the world is the want of men- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men who's concience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I have a 15 year old Daughter and a 13 year old son. I could not imagine what is going through someones mind to give them away. My parents got divorced when I was about 11. We lived with my mom for about a year afterwards, until court was over. Once it was over she had custody of us and child support coming in. She knew it would take alot for daddy to get it changed and reversed so once she got the money coming in she dropped us off with him one day and I didn't see her for probably 2 years.

I know its nothing like dropping a child off at a hospital but, I as a parent now just wonder how someone could just go without seeing their children and knowing they are taken care of in life.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Having met some horrible kids in my life I can understand what goes on through the heads of some parents. I will not go into the atrocities of the kids actions.

For some people out there this is their only choice.

After all when a parent has done all that they can for a child but cannot fix them what is their last step?
----------------
That being said I think that this is an okay alternative if done out of desperation. This is not an alternative if little jonny or susie is throwing tantrums. A parent should do what they can to remedy the issue before placing the burden on someone else.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical-X View Post
Having met some horrible kids in my life I can understand what goes on through the heads of some parents. I will not go into the atrocities of the kids actions.

For some people out there this is their only choice.

After all when a parent has done all that they can for a child but cannot fix them what is their last step?
----------------
That being said I think that this is an okay alternative if done out of desperation. This is not an alternative if little jonny or susie is throwing tantrums. A parent should do what they can to remedy the issue before placing the burden on someone else.
The actions of children are a direct result of their parents.
p8ntguykenny is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat