mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
All bleeding stops...

I want you all to know that this is the first time that I have actually read a thread (except over P-3's shoulder) for a very long time...

I didn't know about the ignore feature until he told me last night and I am interested enough that I actually made the effort to sign on at work even though it breaks all sorts of DOD regulations I'm sure... I guess if they didn't want me on MCB they should have blocked it like the rest of the forums.

Drum - it's not that Lis or I are not made of tougher stuff - it's that (speaking only for myself now) there is enough turmoil, strife and frustration in my life not to waste (yes - I'm sorry I said waste) getting involved in the frivolity that goes on here at times. Especially the more recent name calling, sniping and badgering that begins simply because ‘they’ (the ones that ruin it for us all):1) cannot handle being corrected 2) are not grown up enough to understand that free speech means that I can tell you I disagree and why – yet I still understand that you too have the right to your opinion no matter whether I think you are wrong or not, 3) are so egotistical to believe that I might change my opinion and agree with them if they badger me or belabor the point until the thread must be closed because an all out war has begun 4) are just so ignorant that they don’t take the time to read the whole post before they spout off and ruin it for all of us.

I have loved MCB from the moment I joined. I love the mindset of the people that are on the forum, I love that many of you have so easily slipped me into your family and I love the wonderful support that flows from you – whether it is tangible or just a kind word when needed. Sadly, there are a couple of members that I dislike more than others and who earned my ire a time or two. I believe that Lis and I share several in common as well. But in fact, I really can only count the number of supremely annoying people on one hand - which I can't even say for the people I know IRL.

Above all, at my current profession as a 911 operator I deal with some of the dumbest people imaginable. This makes me abhor stupid people to the point that it only takes a few words to make me hit the "X" in the upper right hand corner when threads take a turn for the worse and gives me pause before I even open the page. That is probably one of the biggest reasons for my absence – I deal with stupidity all day, so when I come home I really want to get as far away from it is possible.

"The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity" - Harlan Ellison

"The trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed." - CS Lewis

Last edited by P3sWench; 10-29-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: sorry, it needs to make sense...
P3sWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
lol! I wouldn't have bet on you... In fact, based on the demographics of MCB, and it's leanings on the political spectrum: I would wager a more leftist person would be likely to earn the ire of many.... Besides C.N. Once in a while you say something worth reading, usually along the lines of: "I can't believe this, but I agree with MAr" LOL!

I had guessed (and maybe in a true testament to my egotism) that perhaps it might be me...
I doubt it is you, leftist as you are.
There is a big difference between stirring the pot in a humourous way, and just acting like a troll in every thread. There has been a couple of those folks around from time to time.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 10-30-2008 at 02:59 AM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

I'll never use the Ignore feature. I'd rather "Cowboy Up", lol,,, nobody ever really irritates me that bad I can't be adult enough to deal with them.

I'm on a few Ignore lists on PBN though,,, but I don't think less of those people for choosing to do so,,, To each their own.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
Yngling Half troll

Send a message via AIM to EDDAKA Send a message via MSN to EDDAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
In reference to the "Damn, I was rooting for him too." comment...

I'd like to ignore EDDAKA, how much do I have to pay? It's pretty disgusting that anyone would put up such a crudely distasteful attack. There is no way I would ever position myself in a group of people that would tolerate that caliber of disparagement.

Thoroughly appalled,

Eddy
Ouch, you freaking hurt my feelings

EDIT: what did i do again?

Last edited by EDDAKA; 10-30-2008 at 02:46 AM.
EDDAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 AM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3sWench View Post
I want you all to know that this is the first time that I have actually read a thread (except over P-3's shoulder) for a very long time...

I didn't know about the ignore feature until he told me last night and I am interested enough that I actually made the effort to sign on at work even though it breaks all sorts of DOD regulations I'm sure... I guess if they didn't want me on MCB they should have blocked it like the rest of the forums.

Drum - it's not that Lis or I are not made of tougher stuff - it's that (speaking only for myself now) there is enough turmoil, strife and frustration in my life not to waste (yes - I'm sorry I said waste) getting involved in the frivolity that goes on here at times. Especially the more recent name calling, sniping and badgering that begins simply because ‘they’ (the ones that ruin it for us all):1) cannot handle being corrected 2) are not grown up enough to understand that free speech means that I can tell you I disagree and why – yet I still understand that you too have the right to your opinion no matter whether I think you are wrong or not, 3) are so egotistical to believe that I might change my opinion and agree with them if they badger me or belabor the point until the thread must be closed because an all out war has begun 4) are just so ignorant that they don’t take the time to read the whole post before they spout off and ruin it for all of us.

I have loved MCB from the moment I joined. I love the mindset of the people that are on the forum, I love that many of you have so easily slipped me into your family and I love the wonderful support that flows from you – whether it is tangible or just a kind word when needed. Sadly, there are a couple of members that I dislike more than others and who earned my ire a time or two. I believe that Lis and I share several in common as well. But in fact, I really can only count the number of supremely annoying people on one hand - which I can't even say for the people I know IRL.

Above all, at my current profession as a 911 operator I deal with some of the dumbest people imaginable. This makes me abhor stupid people to the point that it only takes a few words to make me hit the "X" in the upper right hand corner when threads take a turn for the worse and gives me pause before I even open the page. That is probably one of the biggest reasons for my absence – I deal with stupidity all day, so when I come home I really want to get as far away from it is possible.
911 helped me save my fathers life (not cool thinking Pops is dead in your arms). Thank you for the service you render
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat