mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I feel your pain man. My girlfriends mom worked her *** of at her place of work and was the head of dietetics for many years. Made the company prosper in so many ways. The place wouldn't be half of what it is if it wasn't for her. Out of the blue a new company comes in and the only way she can keep her job is if she takes a demotion, less pay, lower benefits, and more hours basically for doing the same crap. I guess its good that she can keep her job but its complete bull$hit. Hang in there, there will be better out there for her.
CustomCockers
Pbnation
Ebay
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Lay-offs, terminations, canceled bonuses, frozen wages (no increases till further notice and no "entertainment" (Xmas parties and such) for us this year. Godspeed on your financial recovery.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to RabidFuzzle Send a message via Yahoo to RabidFuzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
but err... pics of the short and nasty?

I would be very happy to honour a first refusal agreement too.
PMd ya some pics.
-The Old Man-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigz View Post
I don't see any chicken pot cakes out there...
NO'MAAM #30
FEEDBACK (MCB) FEEDBACK#2 (AO)
RabidFuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

Sorry to hear that RF, companies can be really cold at times, especially to those who show loyalty to them. Many companies expect loyalty from you but have no intention of returning the favor. Best of wishes to you both!

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
STICKERS!

Send a message via MSN to Ryantuomi

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintslinger16 View Post
companies today have no soul....
I agree with this.

Did she get a good severence package?

sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Ryantuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Un Tico

yeah there really is no loyalty from companies now days. I made the same mistake, back in 2000 i was laid of by the company that i was with for 9 years. this is right about the time that the dot.com bubble burst and of course us been in silicon valley, companies around us were hit hard. but our actually we were doing pretty good still, not great sales but still good to the point that we did not to do a lay off. well low and behold we still did and i was one of those people that was at the top of the pay scale and was cut out. this is where i made the mistake of been loyal to a company, that whole time i was working for that company i could have gone any where else and could have made at least 30% more then i was making if not double.

but it works out for the better, right around that time i started to really not like my work and tho i liked the people i, thats why i stayed so long. I was begining to be more of an angry person, not something i am. usually im an easy go happy type of guy.

I am not sure about this and I can check with my HR if you like. But I think California has a law that a company can not fire or lay off a employee, then turn right around and hire someone for the same positions. with out out due cause. of course there are ways around this im sure, such as simple job title change or something.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Yeah the severance package is decent. We don't need to panic just yet. But considering the state of affairs in the job market and economy these days I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried.
-The Old Man-
Quote:
NO'MAAM #30
Old 10-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
RF, I feel your pain. The economy is slow and I decided earlier this year to get out of Law Enforcement and back into technology. Bad timing, eh? I spent the entire summer looking for a full time job and taking tech gigs here and there to pay the bills. Had to sell stuff like you're contemplating doing. Finally found a good job and yet I still worry every day that the next day will be my last because of this market. I worry about it so much, that I'm the first one there everyday, last one to leave and often bring work home with me.

I wish you and your wife the best of luck and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
RF, I feel your pain. The economy is slow and I decided earlier this year to get out of Law Enforcement and back into technology. Bad timing, eh? I spent the entire summer looking for a full time job and taking tech gigs here and there to pay the bills. Had to sell stuff like you're contemplating doing. Finally found a good job and yet I still worry every day that the next day will be my last because of this market. I worry about it so much, that I'm the first one there everyday, last one to leave and often bring work home with me.

I wish you and your wife the best of luck and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
Yeah that was my wife's philosophy as well... (first one there, last one to leave, and working at home in the evenings as well) I hope you turn out to be safer than she was. Thanks for the support.
-The Old Man-
Quote:
NO'MAAM #30
Old 10-30-2008, 01:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I feel your pain RF. The company I worked for here in Canada (it was a call center but it wasn't bad unionized good benefits etc) closed down cause apparently our dollar back then was too strong and they sited low profits when it fact everyone knew it was because they could pay an American $7.75 an hour to do the same job they were paying me $10/hour+bonus(which for me equalled out to $15-17 an hour). sad part is my town is nothing but call centers and fast food joints. I've been on the job hunt since late July (July 24th to be exact as the place closed July 23rd). Thank God for still living at home cause I'm a student otherwise I'd be screwed over hardcore.

best of luck to you and your wife in this trying time like I said I lost my job too and not because I was a poor worker heck I was the top sales guy on my team for months and my gf was the top person on her team for years (she worked there for like 4 years I started last November)anyways yea some other company will benefit from that company's loss. Best of luck

Falcon16 out!

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat