mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
HVAC HELL(P)! How hot do you set these things?

Ok old EFM furnace.
Two circulation circuts, old school circulators and flow controls form the Titanic. Total 1gal per hour sucker...........

anyway, what range do I set these controllers? I know 20DegF apart...and not steam..
currently 165ish and 140ish is realized at the gauge. 20ish on the pressure guage, but a lower scale shows that also being 40? Anyway it's the middle of the lower scale on the pressure gauge with unlabeled units.

upstairs(sharing circut with downstairs) is cold......
living room (own circut, the west wing... ) is fine.

is making the furnace hotter going to help?

I thought I had air, since this old farmhouse was deserted so long.

So I opened the 'feed me' valve to the baseboards....Suck water yum yum yum...
ppppooooooofffsssSsshhhhhhh! the furnace got pissed and blew some hot out the top pressure relief, then seemed happy after that.

I'm a bit used to the old school, you can bleed em radiators...so I dont know if I'm doing anything right with this...

Upstairs seems a bit warmer and I can feel some baseboard heat up here now, so I think I was on the right track somewhat....now I wonder if the water temps are not right?

there really is no post mix valve on domestic, so pushing 180 is gonna be hot hot hot...

is 180-160 what I should be going for?
170-150
160-140
190-170?

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Saviourself

Id simply call a heating teck to come by and show you whats best for your situation, depending what size your house is and what kinda two stage you got. BTU? Maby your furnace is to small for your house.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
send hvacman250 a PM....he is a heating and airman....

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
did you make sure the valves on the rads are turned on at the floor? All the way? Did you bleed the air out of all the rads? Sounds lik you may be air locked somewhere. There also should be a bleed somewhere above the entire system that collects bubbles and allows you to bleed them ( at least thats what I am used to).
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
No bleeds on the baseboards.
Leaving alone and calling help in. Although it SEEMS better now, a bit.

Where's my #$$%!'ing Mr. Fusion!

oil eating @$@! POS!

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sounds like air. There may not be any bleeders, or it may have automagic ones that are stuck.

You may have to use the boiler drain, shut off the valves, an force water through each zone til you don't have bubbles anymore.

I like to set my temp between 130 and 160, I put in lotsa radiator to make up for it, eventually the plan is to suppliment with solar, so lower temps are best for that. I have run it at 140, no issues. Hot water heat is SO much better than forced air, don't give up yet!
The greatest want of the world is the want of men- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by it's right name, men who's concience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat