mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Roo in the stew is much better

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cheffer

Hey guys, I know most of you will say that you would prefer to pay a bit more and have the same amount of food. But these big guys don't just blindly make these decisions. A lot of market research goes into it, and as a whole, Americans notice a size change less than they will notice a price change. It's not just at fast food restaurants. Cereal boxes are shrinking, sour cream containers hold less... even ice cream. Lots of premium ice creams are not half gallons anymore... they are now 1.5 pints.

The raw cost of food has skyrocketed. These companies aren't going to give the food away, so they will find ways to still give you most of what you want while still turning enough profit to stay in business. With cost of goods going up more than 40% in the past year or two, they are fighting just to stay alive.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

the pollo loco up here closed without any warning. one of our customers was in charge of the upkeep on the HVAC systems and he went one morning and everything was gone from the inside with a note on the door and a bunch of pissed of employees standing outside.

feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot to thrill View Post
I have no idea what you just said, my pbn translator is broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Do fish vaginas smell like people?
hummerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerking View Post
the pollo loco up here closed without any warning. one of our customers was in charge of the upkeep on the HVAC systems and he went one morning and everything was gone from the inside with a note on the door and a bunch of pissed of employees standing outside.
Ouch! thats cold.
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I really do work for them lol.
Im sure it has changed in 15 years.
The Owners/GMs have a lot of control over what they choose to do with the store, each whataburger does have a lot of freedom. But Im pretty sure they all use the same meat.

a tripple tripple lol?
I could never finish one, I just always get the chicken.
I always loved the people that get a large milk shake (44oz) thats like 1500 calories lol.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Carl's Jr still seems to have pretty big burgers.

And of course, there's In'N'Out if you're lucky enough to have one nearby..not huge in size, but just all around great.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
Carl's Jr still seems to have pretty big burgers.

And of course, there's In'N'Out if you're lucky enough to have one nearby..not huge in size, but just all around great.
But the new fries are lame. I haven't been back since they had them, were they a limited time deal? If they went back to the old fries I would like them so much more.

In n' Out is the best. Fries aren't soggy, not not rock hard. Burgers are great too.

McD's has been using a half a piece of cheese on their fish sandwich for a long while now. Even with it being so small, they still can't manage to get the whole thing on the sandwich.

All that being said, I have fast food once a week or less if I can help it.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerking View Post
Sounds like what Bennigan's did a little while back. Folded up all of their corporate owned stores with no warning to the employees.
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ham Fisted Goon

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I had always heard about In 'n' Out, but living on the East Coast I never had the opportunity to go to one.

Then, last month, I was on vacation in Scottsdale, AZ and there was one just down the street. I made the trip over to see what it was all about, and picked myself up a Double w/ onions and feel in love . I can confidently say that I will never get an inferior fast food burger again!

Sorry to hijack....
LFD92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ham Fisted Goon

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by craltal View Post
Sounds like what Bennigan's did a little while back. Folded up all of their corporate owned stores with no warning to the employees.
As did the Ground Round chain up here in New England, and all of the privately franchised HOOTERs... I guess the "Customer Service" Regulations don't apply to Management/Employee relations
LFD92 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat