|General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.|
| ||Thread Tools|
|12-02-2008, 03:06 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2006
My kids are getting a very special visitor to class on fri.
Travis is one of the foremost Ground work folks in the sport of Judo.
He has also competed at the Olympic level.
For being a brand new DOJO I feel very good about being able to get a Athlete of this caliber to come and teach my kids for a class.
Name: Travis Stevens
Weight Category: 81kg
Date of Birth: February 28, 1986
Birthplace: Bellevue, Wash.
Hometown: Tacoma, Wash.
Current Residence: Glenville, N.Y.
Club Name: NYAC / USA Judo National Training Site at the Jason Morris Judo Center
Coach: Jason Morris
Olympic Teams: 2008 (Ninth)
World Championship Teams: 2007
Pan American Games Teams: 2007 (Gold)
Pan American Championship Teams: 2008 (Silver)
Pan American Junior Championship Teams: 2005 (Silver)
Personal: In 2006, Stevens had a breakthrough year when he upset the top seed to win the U.S. Open – his first medal at one of the most prestigious international events in the hemisphere. Stevens continued his success in 2007, winning his first European medal with a bronze at the British Open and defeating the reigning Japanese National Champion at the Warsaw World Cup. Last year, Stevens won the Senior Nationals, defeating two-time World Team member Aaron Cohen in the final and then twice more in the Pan Am Trials to earn his spot on the 2007 Pan Am Games and World Teams. Stevens won his biggest match in 2007 when he defeated 2004 Olympic medalist Flavio Canto en route to winning the Pan American Games.
Recent Career Highlights
* Gold - U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Judo
* Silver - Pan American Championships
* Bronze - Olympic Zone Cup Qualifier
* Ninth - Olympic Games
* Gold - USA Judo Senior National Championships
* Gold - FEDOJUDO International Cup
* Gold - Pan American Games
* Gold - Finnish Open
* Gold - Rendez-Vous Canada
* Silver - U.S. Open
* Bronze - British Open
* Gold - U.S. Open
* Gold - Fall Classic National Championships
* Bronze - Rendez-Vous Canada
* Fifth - Tre-Torri International
* Gold - U.S. Judo Federation Junior National Championships
* Silver - Pan American Junior Championships
* Bronze - USA Judo Senior National Championships
* Silver - USA Junior Olympic National Championships
* Bronze - Junior U.S. Open
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.'
Bottom line is we never were angels...didn't try to
be. We were not related by blood, but we were brothers nevertheless...not in some sort of Hollywood way, but in a real life "no ****" kinda way.
William Walter AC-130 Gunner 2011