mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Staying in shape. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/591-staying-shape.html)

Firestorm 04-19-2006 10:14 PM

Staying in shape.

Well, I've broke down today started running again. Every time I start something happens that brings it to a halt.

I ran 2.4km today well jogged I don't have a fast jog but keeping it slow since I haven't ran at all since last summer. Freaking hospital.

40 push ups a day (20 in the morning 20 at night)
40 sit ups a day (20 and 20)
About 5 km walking each way to and from school.
Running 2.4km (6 laps)
About 1.5km walk to and from running track

Of coarse stretching before and after all of the above, sometimes inbetween.

Planning on doing it 4-5 times a week maybe more. Depends on how those friday and saterday nights go.

Lets see how long it lasts, I feel great when I do it. Hell feel better already and its only been 1 day. (although my feet hurt new running shoes not quite broke in yet)

Also do you think there is anything else I could inprove upon. I would really like to work on my stomach more. Anything has to be without gym equimpment.

What do you guys do to stay in shape?

PJ 04-19-2006 10:34 PM

You can do stomach isometrics anytime. Just tighten up and pull in the stomach muscles, hold for 20-30 seconds, relax, and repeat. Do this a few times whenever you think about it during the day. There's all kinds of stomach exercises you can do - side bends, toe touches, side twists, cross body toe touches, leg raises, etc. Good luck! I'm in the same boat, trying to get into shape again, but I'd say you're in better condition that I am (trust me on that!).

Azzy 04-19-2006 11:09 PM

Well, I have thought about getting the mountain bike back out.. does that count? my brain burns ... something :D

Brewtt 04-19-2006 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestorm
What do you guys do to stay in shape?

1. EAT to survive. NOT for pleasure.

2. WORK a physically rewarding job.

3. DRINK for pleasure.

5. Profit ;)

Brimmy 04-19-2006 11:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I do beer curls and flap jacks (not in that particular order)
the olny time I go faster than a slow walk is when someone is shooting at me, or im shooting at them.

round's a shape right?

Azzy 04-19-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewtt
1. EAT to survive. NOT for pleasure.

2. WORK a physically rewarding job.

3. DRINK for pleasure.

5. Profit ;)

#4... a good sex life. ;)

killmaster 04-20-2006 01:44 AM

AFROTC PT a minium of two times a week, plus personal running. Durring the summer its runn min of 4 times a week, and pump iron threee times a day....oh yeah and work as a landscaper the rest of the time.

freedom 04-20-2006 01:50 AM

i enjoy running. but every time i get below 8 minute miles something happens... broken arm?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...domxxx/pbx.jpg

Brimmy 04-20-2006 01:56 AM

tisk tisk freedom, playing with a broken arm.

Raynman 04-20-2006 03:23 AM

Working on stomach depends on what you need to work on. If your guts hang out, then you neet to strengthen the muscles. But if it's trying to get definition, cardio's the best way to do it. Just look at runners.

As a suggestion for your ab workout for general muscle tone, do crunches instead. That'll hit upper abs. Throw in some leg lifts for lower abs. If you break the ab workout with the pushups, you can do more of each, throw in a couple of other exercises in between and you got yourself another small cardio workout. ie: i'll do 10 pushups, 15 situps, 10 leglifts, 10 modified dips, 15 squats, 10 calf raises. All with small breaks in between, and i'll do the cycle a few times. Get's the heartrate going which is always good.

-Rayn