mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Deer Hunting pics

Warning... if you don't like blood and guts, please don't look at this thread.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

i took my younger cousin deer hunting this past weekend. this was his second trip hunting. i took him last year, but he had no luck. this year was a different story though. he harvested two deer this time. he first shot a doe that was a 175 yard shot and she ran about 40 yards and fell. he was so excited after shooting that doe. he couldn't believe that he got his first deer. i was excited for him too. then about 30 minutes later a cow horn spike came out about 40 yards from the stand and i told him to get his gun up and take him. he shot and the buck went down in his tracks. talk about a happy camper, he was on cloud 9 after that. he said, "my first buck too...", it was a proud moment in the stand. it tickled the crap out of me to see his excitement.

here's a pic of him and his deer.

here's another pic of him with my dad. he got his face smeared with some blood for his first time taking a deer. there was plenty of laughter and joy around the skinning pole that night.

c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

Oh those poor deer, how could you!!

Just kidding, glad you guys had a good time, those are some nice looking deer. What kind of rifles you guys use?

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not a deer hunter myself anymore - but glad to see that there are some fellow hunters on the board. Its always good to see people getting outdoors and hunting today.

Tell your cousin congrats on his first deer.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Score!
Congratulations to the kid! Mmmmm Deer.... Tasty.

Drat, now I'm starved.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

hehee... yeah, poor deer.

yeah, those aren't bad deer. the doe was actually pretty damn big for a doe.

he was using my Remington model 700 in 25-06 shooting a 110 grain Accubond bullet. it did the job nicely.

i was using my Remington model seven in 7mm short action ultra magnum shooting a 140 grain Ballistic Tip. i shot a button head (oops...i thought it was a doe) at 200 yards about 10 minutes after he shot his doe. the 7mm dropped it in his tracks. blew out both shoulders in the process.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

will do Ronin. thanks

i'm glad there are some hunters on here too. i love it myself.

yeah Listessa, makes me hungry too. we came back with 5 deer, so we'll be eatin' good.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Five? Kickass. Are you making jerky? That's always good later in the year too. Stew? Burgers? Sausage?

Oh man, I'm fixating now. I need to pester my family. Too bad Dad's out of the running for deer this year.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Congrats to you guys. I haven't had time to make it out much only once during bow season. hopefully get a few days off for muzzleloader. One thing I noticed is you guys didn't field dress the deer is that common were you are from? Where are you from? Congrats and good luck.
imskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

yeah, five.

my dad makes some jerky, and sausage.

he really likes to cook the hams on his Holland grill. he seasons them and wraps them in bacon and cooks it real slow. it's very tastey too. a deer ham has become a Christmas tradition for us. i'd challenge anyone who doesn't like deer meat or say it tastes "gamey" to try it. it's that good!

the tenderloins are great too. cut them up in steaks, then run them through a cuber and season and grill. mmmm....

this is making me hungry.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskippy View Post
One thing I noticed is you guys didn't field dress the deer is that common were you are from? Where are you from? Congrats and good luck.
thanks.

nah, we don't field dress them. the skinning pole isn't much more than a mile from where we kill them, so there's not much use. now if we had to drive for a while we would field dress them.

i'm in NC and hunt in the Eastern part of the state in North Hampton county. it's on the NC/VA border.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat