mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
S7G
MCB Member

Yas havent lived till you had to go pick your own switch off from the chockcherry tree. It was a fine art as small ones hurt and big ones where not to bad. But you had to be careful if you got one two big mom or dad would spend a hr looking for a little one.
As a person who got lucky and grew a third set of front teeth I vowed I would never spankl my kids.
I aslo had a grandma that would wait until you where asleep and then come at you with a leather strap. caused a lot of sleepless nights as I was a big trouble maker when i was younger.LOL
I am not against the concept I just do not employee it.
As DSA can attest to you can make even a grown man cry with the right look and vocal infliction.

I have never once spanked my childern and always get compliments about there behavior.
They know when they get what they call the Dad Look that they are about to cross that line and be in trouble.
They say Yes and no sir and maam and where never taught this they just picked it up on there own.

P-3
S7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

I was spanked as a boy and will spank my boy when its warranted. My dad usually handed out the blows but me and my brothers REALLY worried when my mom was pissed. She would punch, scratch,slap, kick, throw ashtrays/coffe cups. The funiest time was when we were moving from NE to ID. Me and my dad were pulling boxes and such out of the house and had all the beds and furniture broken down on the side of the house. We come walking out of the back of the U-Haul in time to see my brother run around the side of the house screaming with my mom chasing...she was carrying a 7' section of a bed frame rail. It took about 5 minutes for me and my dad to get up off the ground from laughing.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine

Last edited by kidneythief; 11-17-2006 at 01:10 AM.
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I was smacked a few times as a kid and I think I'm a better person for it.Besides giving a kid a time out just gives them a chance to think up what their going to do next.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dstud2000 Send a message via MSN to dstud2000 Send a message via Yahoo to dstud2000

I was never smacked, but spanked plenty of my times. My mom would make me pick my own switch....my grandma had a willow treee she would braid a little switch from....but she never had to use it....it was enough to see her start making it. My dad used the belt...or that iron hand of his. But I only ever got it if I earned so it. it was fair. I'll probleably do the same when I get to that point in my life.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

I never had the psychological torture of picking my own poison, er switch but I did get the snot beat out of me a couple times for being stupid.

If anything it added to my high pain tolerance and ability to tune out things like that.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7G View Post
Yas havent lived till you had to go pick your own switch off from the chockcherry tree. It was a fine art as small ones hurt and big ones where not to bad. But you had to be careful if you got one two big mom or dad would spend a hr looking for a little one.
As a person who got lucky and grew a third set of front teeth I vowed I would never spankl my kids.
I aslo had a grandma that would wait until you where asleep and then come at you with a leather strap. caused a lot of sleepless nights as I was a big trouble maker when i was younger.LOL
I am not against the concept I just do not employee it.
As DSA can attest to you can make even a grown man cry with the right look and vocal infliction.

I have never once spanked my childern and always get compliments about there behavior.
They know when they get what they call the Dad Look that they are about to cross that line and be in trouble.
They say Yes and no sir and maam and where never taught this they just picked it up on there own.

P-3
My dad said picking the switch was the worst punishment that he ever got
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to NoZebra

I was spanked as a kid. I can't think of a time when I didn't deserve it. I was only ever slapped once by my mom. I dropped the F-bomb at her and you better believe that it never happened again. I've heard arguments that there's too thin a line between abuse and spanking, feh I say to that. A swat on the behind will do wonders for kids behavior. Yes, the whole time out system works, but only if it is enforced properly. Go to your room? no prob, thats where the toys are!

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat