mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
I've porked many

An argument for spanking

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=43737
A seven year old pulls a knife in an attempted toy heist. This kid needs a serious pat on the back, low enough hard enough and often enough. I know times have changed, but you used to never here about crap like this coming from a seven year old, when butt whipping was the norm.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I never got a whupping from my dad I didn't deserve.. I plan on doing the same with my boy.

The key is not waiting til you are angry, being consistent, making sure they know exactly why it happened, and making sure they know that you love them, and that is why you are making sure you do the best job you can to make sure they are a good person.

It's not a parent's job to be thier kids best friend. THat can come later when they grow up.

That is not to say you shouldn't have positive experience with them, in fact there should be much more positive reinforcement than negative.

I actually like the Menonite formula, they start out very, very young 3 months old in some cases I have seen, and by the time they are around 7 or 8, they find they simply don't need to spank them anymore. Obviously, you can't smack a baby that hard, but they are able to discern quite a bit more than most people think at a very young age.

My wife actually has given my boy alot more punishment than I have she started when he was 6 months old. He has learned not to bite or pull hair, or smack people like alot of 1 year olds like to do. It is amazing what he knows how to do. He is only 1, and she makes him pick up his toys.

She blows me away sometimes with how effective she is with him. He just does it, no fussing, no crying, he just does it, amazing..
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
I've porked many

I almost never have to spank my five year old. She has gotten spanked in the past, and knows it will will instantly be coming he she does anything inappropriate. Most of time she is well behaved. If a kid is acting like a heathen it isn't the kids fault, it is the parents. It's the parents fault for letting them get away with it.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My little girl knows the pow pow paddle and the corner, my little boy knows the word NO. I hate walking in the door and handing out whoopins because momma has been driven nuts.

"When monkeys at the zoo run out of poop, they fling ICD guns."
-Risk Factor 2
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I hate walking in the door and handing out whoopins because momma has been driven nuts.
Actually, Rachel (my wife) told me that she doesn't think that is right to make a guy be the only punisher, especially when it's right when he comes home.

She has vowed to never put me in that possition, she takes care of the problem.

We will see how it works out as he gets older, but I do like that.

My mom used to make me sit on the porch and wait for my dad to get home. When he would arrive, I could see it bothered him, and he'd say "whad'ja do this time?" to me.

She said she would never do that.

I'll admit, it wouldn't be the first thing i'd want to see when I got home.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
My wife had rather yell at them 5 times to do something then never back up her her words with actions that she tells them. If you tell the kid one time to do something and they don't do it. Pop their ***, I have an 11 year old son and 13 year old daughter. They know that she will never do anything so they just continue to push her buttons. Then when I am home they attempt to push my buttons for about 5 minutes until they figure out it will get there *** whipped and they straighten out for the rest of the weekend. Its actually pretty funny to watch them attempt to do some of the stuff they do.

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
as my grandfather says "a good kick in the A$$ never gave anyone brain damage"

I got spanked as a kid, not beaten, but spanked, it surely has it's place
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
As one who WAS beaten I have no problem with spankings. They are completly diffrent and when my 5 year old warents it she gets a swat. However my wife will just sit there and yellat her from across the apartment and rarly if ever back it up.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I was spanked when I was a kid.

My father is a very large man too so when he pulled the belt out. . .well you KNEW you did something wrong.

I can only think it made me a (slightly) better person today, a lot of older gentleman and ladies say "what?" when I say yes sir and 'mam to them.
Obviously it doesn't happen enough!

Still doesn't mean I'm not a little hellion every once in a while!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

That kid needs to be more than beaten. If an adult pulled a knife on anyone, where would they be? Jail. I'm not saying the kid should be raped by "Bubba" (eeewwwwww.....) but the kid needs more than a spanking... like, well, the parents wont issue it anyway. When a kid gets so far along that the try armed robbery... at age 7... then you know that the parents are "non-existent".

I wasn't smacked much as a kid, but when I got out of line.. it came. My mom is one scary lady! Shes Italian, so, yea, she has no problem doling out the punishment. And my father is a rather large farmer, I'm still sure he could kick my ***, although I MAY be able to outrun him...

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat