mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-23-2006, 02:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Trumpet: Played since 4th grade, so it's been about 12 yrs, although I've taken the last few off. Had a lot going on in college! I started out on a coronet, but once I took my playing to a higher level, my parents consulted with my uncle (professional trumpet player in Chicago) and they bought a Yamaha heavywall Pro series. I love the sound and it's a very versatile horn. I love jazz music, although I haven't learned the improv thing very well. Additionally, classic music played with a good wind ensemble really gets the blood going!

Guitar: I've been teaching myself how to play for about 4 years now. I don't know any chords on guitar, I just know how to play a bunch of my favorite songs, mostly learned from tabs on OLGA. I think my tunes sound pretty good, but I'm ashamed of the fact that after 4 years of playing here and there, I can only play 8-10 songs 'pretty good.'

Drums: I have a real passion for the drum set, I just don't have the room for it! I played back in high school for about 3 years and then 4 more during college. When it came time to move and bring my possessions from home (NY), I couldn't justidfy shipping them to my new apt in California. So I sold them. I think I'd like to play again someday, but I'll have to wait till I buy a house and can make racket in my basement without annoying the neighbors!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Flute: played for 2 years in 6th and 7th grade band. I've forgotten how to play it since then.

Guitar: Had a few lessons but I have mostly tought myself since 5th grade. I play mostly Tom Petty, Grateful Dead, and Pink Floyd songs.

Bass Guitar: I play bass the majority of the time. I started teching myself to play about a year ago. I play mostly metal on bass, usually Metallica songs. A buddy (who is insane on the electric guitar) and I get together and play a lot.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

well, this one time, at band camp....

:P

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 03:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Yea- I'm the first bonehead checking in- I played trombone from 7th grade through the end of college. When it broke that was the end of my musical career.

Tug
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

wow what do i play
-violin- 12.5 years (ya i started when i was 4)
-guitar -5 years, i have a crapy squrie strat, and a samick acoustic, im running an old crate gx30c, and a digitech ledgend 22 FX processor and then i got a cry baby wah
-a little mandolin-just kinda messed around with it for a few years
-a little but of ukue- got it in hawaii on my parents 30 wedding aneversery
-a little presussion
and
-a little tinny bit of panio

-matt
Scenario Paintball Team
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

In band, I played trombone and tuba in concert season, I played susaphone and percusion in marching seaseon, played drums in jazz band and was playing in local clubs and bars at 15. I played drums and was a lead/back up vocalist for many years. Between EMS and family life, I decided to finally retire for good about 5 or so years ago. I had some great times with good people, some bad times with the worse. I would not have missed it for the world.
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

Trumpet. Also paly flugelhorn(sp) Currently use a Bach Strad180S37, withe girardenelli(sp) 3M MP. Also have and ocationaly use a Bach Strad 25th Aniversary edition ( 43 bell, 195 reverse lead, lightweight construction) Iv ebeen kicking around the idea of getting something with a bit darker bell. Also fool around on my shilki P5-4 pic trumpet every now and them. Beeen palying around 12 years, and come from a family of trumpet players. In high school I was in just about every band there was, but enjoyed jazz/bigband the most. All of the 12 years Iv'e beenplaying I have played in my church band, which is why I got into playing trumpet in the first place. I dont play anwhere besideds church at the moment, and probly wont as I just dont have the time. And speaking of chuch, I need to log off and get ready.

Al
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Tuuuuubaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

And there's Nothing Wrong with Band Camp. Truthfully. You're always way too busey actully learning stuff for the, er, fun things to happen. That's called the afterparties and marching season drama.

I've also been known to play the tin whistle (in D) occationally. Once I find my good one, or buy another, I'll be able to pick that up again.

I think out of all of the stuff I've played, the bagpipe chanter bothers the neibors the most. Double reeded things tend to be loud and buzzy.

Anyone know any good band jokes? I've got a few:

How do you get two piccolos in tune?
Shoot one.

What do you do with a musician who can't keep tempo?
Give him two sticks and put him in the back of the band.

What do you do if he STILL can't handle keeping tempo?
Move him to the front of the room and take away one of the sticks.

How many trumpet players does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five. One to handle the bulb and four to tell him how much faster, higher, and louder they could have done it.

What's the difference between trumpet players and government bonds?
Government bonds eventually mature and earn money.

How do you tell the difference between a bassoon and an oboe?
The bassoon burns longer!

How many clarinetists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Only one, but he'll go through a whole box of bulbs before he finds just the right one.

What's the difference between a saxaphone and a lawnmower?
Someone complains if you barrow a lawnmower and don't bother to return it.

How many trombonists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, but he'll do it too loudly.

What is the dynamic range of the bass trombone?
On or off.

How many tuba players does it take to change a light bulb?
Three! One to hold the bulb and two to drink 'till the room spins.

Why were flutes invented?
To hit the person on the right.

Why were piccolos invented?
To give the whole orchestra a headache.

Really, there are a lot others much worse.
I have to say, if you are/were in marching band at one point, nothing's ever the same. What happens in Band Camp does NOT stay at Band Camp, but it makes a heck of an interesting story to tell your coworkers later in life. (Yes this is comeing from the chick who starts marching to whatever is playing on her iPod during lunch break. No one says you can't rollstep in heals.)

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

I played clarinet for about 10 years. Since having children I have not had any time to play. Oh well, tis life.
mrs.hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Bass Guitar, a few months. Fun Fun Fun!
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat