mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #181 (permalink)
The Mad Russian

Brass N Wood Fan
Now my kitten Viktor:

Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #182 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Jasper--my stud muffin of a cat.

GIVE. ME. MAH. TOY!!!!!!!!!!!....Please?

He enjoys long walks on the sidewalk, and playing with coat-strings.

Last edited by Hawkeye20; 08-18-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #183 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Pyrate Jim, Your dog is beautiful!
That is a crap ton of snow, does he/she have to wear booties with extended exsposure to the cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players. Its the golden rule.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #184 (permalink)
Radical!

One of our dogs, thinking she be people.

One of my wife's cats, but has become "my" cat - she's lazy & reclusive, only seeking companionship to be fed.

Our goats, when they were little. They be huge now, like 80-100 lbs each. The white one is actually the largest now, and kind of a grumpy gus.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #185 (permalink)
smoke ring for my halo

this is jenna

as a puppy

winter time

early morning

Last edited by Amsterdam; 08-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Amsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #186 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Pyrate Jim, Your dog is beautiful!
That is a crap ton of snow, does he/she have to wear booties with extended exsposure to the cold?
I gave her your compliment, with a cookie.

She has feet that resemble an eagles talons and getting booties on her would probably shred them:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...n/Enpoint2.jpg

Out in the snow she sometimes wears her blaze hunting vest but only if it's packed (loose snow gets into the vest as she plows through the drifts):
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...n102011024.jpg

On a sadder note, I had a neighborhood feral cat that I had to bury this morning. He wasn't really feral, but his owner moved out about 12 years ago and left the cat behind. Since then He's been the "mascot" of the beach and would come here every morning for food, sleeping in my cellar or the house next-door and everybody knew him.
He was old, about 22 years old. The past year he's been both blind & deaf, but that never stopped him from making his "rounds" and saying hello to everyone. (or laying in the street blocking traffic)
He was out & about right up to Friday, Yesterday he laid down and wouldn't get up, last night he went to sleep and just stopped breathing between 9:30 & 10:00.
I'm glad he went peaceably, with no evidence of pain or illness. I was always afraid he would crawl under the deck and die, and it would be a week before finding him.
His name was Grady, and he was my buddy.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #187 (permalink)
Want to see my spaceship?

That is a really long time for a cat, sorry you lost your buddy. My mom had a siamese cat that she raised from a kitten and that cat had one of the best living conditions one could think of. The last 3 years of it's life she was cooking lamb and rice to feed it because she refused to buy canned cat food and the cat couldn't eat the hard cat food. With all of that pampering it only lived for 15 years.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #188 (permalink)
Fleshy-Headed Mutant

This is Skizzo, we got him from a local cat rescue organization that rescued him all the way from Dutch Harbor, AK. He's a Bengal/Tabby mix (Bengal spots on his tummy and Tabby on his topside).

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
PolarMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #189 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
My buddy Briley. 10 years old, but he acts like he's 3. He's a skillet-head yellow lab. We call him a skillet-head because his head is so big and flat that it looks like he got hit with a frying pan PHEASANT HUNTING MACHINE! We got him back in March of this year for FREE from a family that was moving and didn't have room for all 3 of their dogs. He came from a Pedigree Kennel in North Dakota, and then was sent to a doggie training school for 8 weeks when he was a pup. The family spent a fortune on him--he's the most well behaved and obedient dog I've ever known.... His official name on his birth certificate is "Big 'Ole Briley".

This fall we'll be having a lot of Pheasant and Quail for dinner

Posing with his toy:

And yes, he has a very floppy neck... lol

Last edited by Hawkeye20; 08-21-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #190 (permalink)
Real RocknRolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
I gave her your compliment, with a cookie.

She has feet that resemble an eagles talons and getting booties on her would probably shred them:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...n/Enpoint2.jpg

Out in the snow she sometimes wears her blaze hunting vest but only if it's packed (loose snow gets into the vest as she plows through the drifts):
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...n102011024.jpg

On a sadder note, I had a neighborhood feral cat that I had to bury this morning. He wasn't really feral, but his owner moved out about 12 years ago and left the cat behind. Since then He's been the "mascot" of the beach and would come here every morning for food, sleeping in my cellar or the house next-door and everybody knew him.
He was old, about 22 years old. The past year he's been both blind & deaf, but that never stopped him from making his "rounds" and saying hello to everyone. (or laying in the street blocking traffic)
He was out & about right up to Friday, Yesterday he laid down and wouldn't get up, last night he went to sleep and just stopped breathing between 9:30 & 10:00.
I'm glad he went peaceably, with no evidence of pain or illness. I was always afraid he would crawl under the deck and die, and it would be a week before finding him.
His name was Grady, and he was my buddy.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...ttsgame006.jpg
Im glad to hear that your cat went peacefully, Im sure he just decided his time was up and led a good life and known he was loved. You had a truly unique cat by the sounds of it and glad he lived up to a ripe old age... awwwwwww F**K im getting teary eye'd about this dammit!

I really do feel for you man, I too have an old alley cat. His name is Ceaser ( he is at least 16 years old easy) and he rules the yard. He owns my moms house and is the toughest cat in the neighborhood. With his age he has a incredible street-smart personality and knows what he wants and wouldn't have it any other way. Still shows his love by leaving mouse guts and half eaten dead birds on my moms front door step, he just slaughters mice, probably 2 dead mice a month and more in the winter but he only leaves there organs for some reason. He fights any cat he wants and has the war wounds to prove it. He has one bad eye from my dog I use to have fighting with it.

He will only drink from the bath tub faucet and not a water dish, he refuses anything else. You open the drawer with the can opener in it, no matter where he is, he will know and start running because it might just be a tuna can in his mind your opening. And loves rolling around in dirt. He is still alive and kicking and wont go until he decides wants to.

my mom gives him heck for laying on the couch, but he does it anyways and you just cant say no. He is a CHAMP!

CanadianBlues is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat