mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
I believe that God has given man free will," he said in legal documents. "By surrendering my will to the military, I realize that I have willfully propagated violence
Translation: Being a Marine makes my life a little more regimented than I really wanted it to be.
Quote:
theologically confused and does not reflect any officially recognized faith group."
Translation : We can't write'" Stop trying to bullsh*t us you ballless puke." in an official document. Now pack your stuff, before I my bury my foot kneedeep in you.
The world has gone P.C. after all.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
He probably joined up out of some high school thinking he'd do some stateside training and then maybe a bit of overseas fence watching, , hell, maybe never even get deployed, then go on to college on the GI bill, picking up all the chicks who love a guy in uniform.

I see a big problem with this, there seems to be an increase in people who are joining for the bennies who have little or no intention of actually serving in any way shape or form. I didn't join the military out of high school, the cons outweighed the pros for me. I still have the utmost respect for those who serve and if there was a draft situation or the military needed me specifically for something I wouldn't skip out on it.

The more I see things like this the more I wish people would weight the decisions properly and not say "yes" if they really mean "yes, but."

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Let me take a different tac. People often join when they are young. You do many things when you are young that you do not understand. I can understand deciding another path in your life and claiming C.O. status. People have liberty to change.

With that said - I do not think this is grounds for removal from the military. Put him or her behind a desk or what have you - but when you sign a contract - as much as you may not like to fulfill that contract - you must. I agree that C.O. status should not and cannot be considered a protected group.

I do not think he or she should be called a ***** or whatever for deciding to be C.O. I was in the Marines and I was trained to shoot people - but I am not sure how it would go if I had to do it. I would have done it - but taking a life is never to be taken lightly or with bravado. It could have only been done with all seriousness and to keep myself or my fellow troops alive.

I think many people that talk of death and killing like they are bad asses either never have done it or are crazy.

That is my two pennies.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
I do not think he or she should be called a ***** or whatever for deciding to be C.O.
I with agree, that sometimes people have a change of heart and my become C.O.s, but that isn't an excuse for trying to weasel out of a deployment. If someone gets a change of heart about the military after joining, just do your time, do your job, and the get out when your time is up. I agree the military isn't for everyone, but not living up to your end of the deal is unacceptable. Blackrain gave an example of a C.O. in an above post that made himself usefull and didn't shirk his duties. I think the people, who cry, "I didn't sign up for this are being ridiculas, as yes they did sign up for this. I don't remember anywhere in the swearing in process of the line:" I solemly swear to uphold the constitution, against all powers foreign and domestic, unless it doesn't suit me."

Quote:
The more I see things like this the more I wish people would weight the decisions properly and not say "yes" if they really mean "yes, but."
Unfortunately, being young isn't any excuse either, when you sign you are an adult, so you have to act like one and uphold your end of the deal. A contract is a contract. If you signed a contract to buy a house, went and paid, then the owner said the deal is off after the contract has been signed, you would go through the process to make sure those people held up their end. In my eyes the Marines just want this guy to do his job, which means going on the deployment. For me military service was a good thing, as I got away for a while and saw and did some things I would have never done. For others they hate every last minute they are in uniform. I served with some people that couldn't wait to get out, but they didn't refuse to do their job while they were in. For some people the military is the greatest thing ever, these people tend to become lifers. For others, they find out the military just has shown them what they don't want to do with the rest of their life. Most service people fall somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by pillage; 11-25-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

My first Day at Ft. Campbell when I was assigned to my Unit. I was there 10 mins and this is what my 1SG told me. "Pack your Ruck and don't leave. We are on 24hr stand by for Beirut. Can you imagine that at age 19. Man I was locked down for a week. I couldn't even leave the building for chow without signing out. I couldn't even use the phone to call my Mom. I made out a will and left everything to her. That went on for 10yrs. Never once did I try and weasel out. The problem with todays folks,is this PC crap. Ok he's an OC big deal. He is still deployable,he still has to qualify with a weapon and do normal duty. Not claiming a religion doesn't matter. The military knows this guy doesn't want to go and is using an excuse. I bet he claimed no religious pref or athies on his paper work. This is nothing uncommon. Yea I bet God gave him the free will to decide. He gave me the same,just like him when he signed on the dotted line. I say deploy him,a desk is to good for him. It's people like him that it goes worse on than anything. Everyone will know what he did to get out of deployment. So it's like I said for those of you worrying about the draft that may come into effect. You can be drafted till your 40yrs. Dodge the draft and it will be worse than what you think. Meet an A%# Hole like me for training is priceless. Why you ask,cause I have no feelings and I keep people alive. Yes people like me get called back too. Can I deploy? without a doubt and without hesitation.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

During Desert Storm my Father was deployed to "The Big Sandbox", I was still in High school.
We had a C.O. on our base (Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station) that sat down on the tarmac and refused to board the plane...in front of all the families and the media. He was taken away by the MP's (Not Cuffed) and we didnt see him for a while......
Then one night some friends and I went to the bowling alley on Base to hang out, keep in mind this bowling alley in on the base and is filled with the kids and wifes of all the deployed soldiers.....Well in he walks, in Civilian clothes with a big grin on his face.

Now one would think that the rowdy teenagers who's fathers are deployed would have been beating the tar out of him right, Well we would have if we could get to him ....You see, The wifes got to him first!! He literally ran out with his hands over his head while purses, shoes, drinks, food, and more cuss words than a whole brigade of Marines could come up with were thrown at him...

He layed low after that.

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Just goes to show you that the wifes are in charge lol. I have to really hand it to the Sargent. He was actually given the choice to stay or go and he went. To face the shame of not going is worse than not carrying a weapon. He knew he could do more good with us. We had four people who didn't deploy,one faked a pregnancy, one was 7 months pregnant, one was waiting on Med discharge due to vision and another had such bad curculation from wearing blousing rubbers he could only wear slippers (but had been in Vietnam,Grenada and Panama) he actually tried to get on the Deployment bus with us lol. The one gal was deployed after she had her baby. She was there only about 2 months then we all came home and she didn't complain one time about it. She was more pissed at the girl who was faking pregnancy. So there is really no excuse for being a C.O.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Just goes to show you that the wifes are in charge lol. I have to really hand it to the Sargent. He was actually given the choice to stay or go and he went. To face the shame of not going is worse than not carrying a weapon. He knew he could do more good with us. We had four people who didn't deploy,one faked a pregnancy, one was 7 months pregnant, one was waiting on Med discharge due to vision and another had such bad curculation from wearing blousing rubbers he could only wear slippers (but had been in Vietnam,Grenada and Panama) he actually tried to get on the Deployment bus with us lol. The one gal was deployed after she had her baby. She was there only about 2 months then we all came home and she didn't complain one time about it. She was more pissed at the girl who was faking pregnancy. So there is really no excuse for being a C.O.
Later,
Blackrain
I saw plenty of women while in the Navy that used to fake a pregnacy to avoid going to sea. The Navy got wise to that by requiring them to prove a pregnancy through medical. It seemed that half of our temporary workforce, while I was stationed in Guam, were female sailors who got pregnant while assigned to the Subtender. While pregnant they got temporary orders to our command. It really was a good thing though, for everyone of them who answed phones freed up an able body to work in the field loading ammo. The Navy also changed the policy on pregnant sailors. No longer could they get pregnant and stay off the ships forever. Once the child was weened it was back to sea. The women were given the option of getting out if they got pregnant. There were always a few who did it to get out, but most just finished up their time.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat