mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
I've porked many

Another one tries to get out of a deployment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061124/...tious_objector
It seems this particular individual thought he could get out of a deployment by becoming a C.O. Maybe he can try again after the deployment.
Quote:
"I believe that God has given man free will," he said in legal documents. "By surrendering my will to the military, I realize that I have willfully propagated violence."
One would think he could come up with something better than this. He is supposed to be a Marine. I wonder at what point he came to the realization he didn"t join the Peace Corp?

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 11-24-2006 at 08:19 PM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

That's ok. He can still hump ammo to the troops. All they have to give him is a gas mask. He's deployable. I'm waiting to see what's going to happen with the draft. Draft Dodgers beware of the ramifications. Study up on the new laws.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
I've porked many

He can do range clearance. He can clean latrines. I bet if they made him carry an evil weapon and go on a foot patrol, he might have a change of heart. When the shooting starts, I bet he wouldn't cry out to the people taking shots at him, "Hey guys, I'm not really into this war thing." Unfortunately, he is a useless burden to the Marines that have to be around him.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
What the hell is it with people who join the military, and then get shocked/offended/pissed/whatever when asked to do tasks that is done by... the military? Don't they realize who it is they are signing up with?

Yeesh.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
What the hell is it with people who join the military, and then get shocked/offended/pissed/whatever when asked to do tasks that is done by... the military? Don't they realize who it is they are signing up with?

Yeesh.
There is a term for it: P*ssyitis.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fear the Dog!

No offense, but you sign on the line do the time. If he was so adimit about his status there should have been no reason for him to join in the first place. Your primary goal in the military is to defend your country, PERIOD. We shurely dont need individuals like this protecting us, he just needs to shut his mouth, grab hold-and your damn job!!

I served 8 years in the USMC-so shut the hell up and do the time-puss!
There surely wont be a sympathy coming from me!

My sympathy dwells on all the troops that gave there life for us!!

My Feedback-http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...oglbs+feedback
doglb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglb View Post
No offense, but you sign on the line do the time. If he was so adimit about his status there should have been no reason for him to join in the first place. Your primary goal in the military is to defend your country, PERIOD. We shurely dont need individuals like this protecting us, he just needs to shut his mouth, grab hold-and your damn job!!

I served 8 years in the USMC-so shut the hell up and do the time-puss!
There surely wont be a sympathy coming from me!

My sympathy dwells on all the troops that gave there life for us!!
I really don't think you will find to many Vets that have much use for someone who refuses to do the job they signed on to do. Everyone who has served, has had to do things they didn't agree with, at one time or another. I know in my four years in the Navy I put up with doing plenty of crap that I wasn't interested in doing. This guy seems more of an example of someone whose parents never made him do anything unpleasent. This clown in particular doesn't have any sense of responsibility. He probably was one of those kids you see in the mall screaming at his parents because they didn't buy him the latest toy. They didn't disipline him then, so he thinks he can do whatever he wants whenever. I hope he is made to finish his time down to the last day.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

We had a C.O. when I was in Desert Storm. He actually was a Drill Sargent too. About 8 yrs prior he got Religion and repented his evil ways. Let me just say this. He was "Johnny on the Ammo" with out hesitation. He didn't try to get out of it either. I knew deep in my heart he would have picked up a weapon if it ment to keep our lines tight. He was a true C.O.. I once asked him if he would and he said "YES" if it ment keeping others alive and keeping the lines tight. He knew his job was the ammo and he did it to the fullest. Organized the whole delivery system, plus evac of wounded to safe area.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
We had a C.O. when I was in Desert Storm. He actually was a Drill Sargent too. About 8 yrs prior he got Religion and repented his evil ways. Let me just say this. He was "Johnny on the Ammo" with out hesitation. He didn't try to get out of it either. I knew deep in my heart he would have picked up a weapon if it ment to keep our lines tight. He was a true C.O.. I once asked him if he would and he said "YES" if it ment keeping others alive and keeping the lines tight. He knew his job was the ammo and he did it to the fullest. Organized the whole delivery system, plus evac of wounded to safe area.
Later,
Blackrain
Goes to show that being a C.O. doesn't always mean you have to b a s-bag. It is a totally differnet thing to become a C.O. because you don't want to be deployed. I worked at a Naval Magazine and we had a guy who didn't like working, so he tried the I'm crazy route. He knew once he told them he was crazy, they would disqualify him from handling any thing that goes bang. He told my boss, that he was so stressed out he felt like cutting his arm off. My LPO told him here's a handsaw, go for it or get your *** back to work. He went back to work then ran to the chaplin saying the same thing. They promptly DQ'd him. He came back to the barracks all happy because he didn't have to go out and work anymore. The next day my Chief assigned him to go into the field to work. The tool then said, "Hey I lost my explosive quals." My Chief's reply was, "I know thats why you will be on bomb fin duty until you transfer." The fins on all the bombs are inert.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

My biggest problem is the reason why they denied his discharge on the grounds of being a conscientious objector...

"theologically confused and does not reflect any officially recognized faith group."

...so he would have been good if he claimed to belong to one of the "legitimate" religious groups? I guess just believing in a God isn't good enough, you have to pick a booster club too.

Thinking that God doesn't want you to kill is "theologically confusing"? I suppose it is. Everyone knows that it's OKay to kill, as long as you're killing in the name of our God, and not that God the other side believes in.

I always thought religion and faith were a personal journey, and that the beliefs of a single man were no less valid than the beliefs of a hundred million. I guess I was wrong.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat