mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Crocodiles Of Narnia

Today when we were at Sam’s Club picking up some things we passed their big screen TVs. On the TVs were playing The Chronicles Of Narnia, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

I said to my wife… “ohhh, look, wide screen.”, and pointed to the movies playing. And my youngest loudly proclaimed, “I love the Crocodiles of Narnia!”

Me and my wife busted into laughter. It was just so sweet and funny.

I guess it may have been one of those “you had to be there” kinds of things, but I thought I would share anyways.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Reminds me of when I did my Eagle Scout project. I organized a program for guys in my troop to read childrens books onto cassette tapes for the local childrens hospital.... anyways.. one of the books was Lyle Lyle Crocodile..... but the kid who read it said Leel Leel Crocodile...he didn't pronounce the name righ tand it didn't rhyme...knucklehead...so now there are probably a bunch of kids failing college english because some scout didn't know how to pronounce the name Lyle.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

^^ W00t for eagle scouts!

I love you had to be there stories. You're just laughing on the inside (or out) and everyone you told it to is just thinking "Whaaat!?1" And tyey're sad they missed a crazy funny time.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Custom Gunslinger

Kids are great. They find the most interesting spin to put on things. I have a god-daughter that finds the most interesting and mature way to say things when you least expect it.

My Gallery
Feedback at MCB
Feedback at SCP
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Those darn crocodiles, they get into everything :P!
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Psycho

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I know what you mean Sam. When my oldest wasnt even 2 yet we are in walmart when she notices a guy wearing a big shiny watch over by the jewelery counter. Well she was facinated with clocks at this point so she runs up to the guy pointing up at him and yells at the top of her little lungs....
Quote:
Look momma c (remove the L here) ock! C.ock momma he has a c.ock!
If nothing else the look on the guys face was pricless. My daughter just couldnt say L's at that point.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Club
My cousin had a speech impediment when he was younger where he substituted sounds... most importantly "F" for "T". His 3 grade teacher was taken aside and quietly told never again to make him read a story about "Tucking into bed"...

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

“the Crocodiles of Narnia!”

Now if Art Linkletter ran a paintball game...
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Location: Ewing NJ (find Trenton, then run North as fast as you can)

I can remember one morning when I was driving my then 3 1/2 year old to daycare. A red pick up truck turns out of a side street right in front of us forcing me to lay hard on the brakes. Without thinking, I drop the dreaded f-bomb, followed by some "colorful metaphors" interspersed with more f-bombs. Well that was the day that Mikey learned the f-word...
for the remaining ride, I did my best to convince him that I had yelled "TRUCK!" because it was a pick up truck that we nearly hit.
At the end of the day I had to explain to the daycare why Mikey was calling his friends "truckin' morons" and a few other interesting phrases.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I admit that I drop a colorful word now and again. But we don’t have a problem with our kids repeating them. We make it very clear that there are adult (mommy and daddy) words and kid words. And when they get older and become mommies and daddies they too can use the adult words, but until then they can’t. Just like driving, drinking, voting, etc. There are some things that adults can do that kids simply can’t.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat