mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBCity advertisement?

It seems to me that this site has mostly attracted the MCB group and a few others from POG, SCP, etc.

I also understand that we're trying to keep the crowd mature here, and that doesn't normally pair well with 'increased membership.' However, are there plans to advertise PBCity to a larger audience and draw in more of the newer players? I think this could be a really good resource for people who don't want the attitude of PBNation, but would like the knowledge of our old-timers here... The difficulty with bringing them to MCB is that it caters to the ones with vintage markers in their hearts, who care little for the likes of electronic markers and flashy hoppers. I think PBCity could be the 'new and improved PBN,' since we certainly have a great knowledge base, and the forums are varied and interesting. Any thoughts?

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Firestorm

I believe this was talked about before allot of people thought that it would be best just to let it grow on its now. Word of mouth.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
WGP whore

How about a spelling or grammar test to become a member?!

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Notice my avatar slogan, Jester? Hehe, what a great idea!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
Old 04-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
WGP whore

I thought you would like that!

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I think word of mouth is best... I mean, if it's not good enough to draw people by word of mouth, then it's just not good enough.

It will take time... but as we add usable features, and create a community, then we'll create a following.

If you want to post it in your sigs... that works at other sites...
Use the new gallery, and upload pictures, and use that to link to the photos, that works... People will migrate... but I"m in no rush.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Carter, I think you're right. Plus, sig linking it is a smart way to attract small groups of people at any one time. That way there is no big influx of trash... you can weed out the bad apples at a slow pace...

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Old 04-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Just don't sig link if you have a PBN account.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat