mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
A Lighter happier thread

I was chatting with some co workers here at the cube farm today and one subject came up about one of those "if you had one wish" type of things. So I went ahead and mentioned my wish for the "ranch of my dreams" which they kind of figured I'd say since my Dad started horse ranching a while back.

So, the only difference is that my "dream ranch" wouldn't really involve horses, (I got to wish this remember) so instead I'd want a Wolly Mammoth Herd and a decent section to raise my 400 head of Wollies, probably in Montana or parts a bit farther north.

So, to supply us with a bit of a lighter hearted post than some of the other topics that seem to see alot of traffic, I'll ask these questions.

If you could resurect any 1 prehistoric animal, what would it be? Why would you want that animal? and how would the world react?

I have a feeling my wolly mammoth ranch would get plenty of press. Clothing designers would have a ball using wolly mamoth wool, and I can't help but think that wolly mammoth meat would become a huge hit.
Then again if I could only have a single wolly mammoth he'd save me gas by helping me commute to work since traffic would probably yeild to us for fear of getting their cars stepped on.

yep, I get pretty board here at work...
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Velociraptors. Why? Becouse they are viscouse and I like the cool sickle toe. How would the world react? In fear and trepidation as I unleash my Raptor hoard upon them and took the riens of power in true Cobra style!

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Location: Ewing NJ (find Trenton, then run North as fast as you can)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron
If you could resurect any 1 prehistoric animal, what would it be? Why would you want that animal? and how would the world react?
I have a feeling my wolly mammoth ranch would get plenty of press. Clothing designers would have a ball using wolly mamoth wool, and I can't help but think that wolly mammoth meat would become a huge hit.
Then again if I could only have a single wolly mammoth he'd save me gas by helping me commute to work since traffic would probably yeild to us for fear of getting their cars stepped on.
yep, I get pretty board here at work...
Good one! I needed an antidote for the "immigration/flag" thread!
Hmmm...the wooly mammmoth would be cool but I like the more ancient bizarre stuff. Maybe an Iguanadon or some ancient reptile/dinosuaur like that? If that's too "Jurassic Park-ish" then maybe something humble unspectacular but cool as heck - a Trilobite
I would want them just because they're cool as heck in an ancient alien sorta way. Plus they may be a tasty alternative to crab, lobster or shrimp, no?
How would the world react? - probably just like anyone who is reading this post is reacting - "this guy is freaking wierd"

I give you, Otis:

Last edited by Relic; 05-03-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I always wanted to own a junkyard, does that count?

Mechanical horses...

Junkyard wars, ooh, the things I would be doing there!

Lots of loud noises, and lots of explosions..

FUN
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Hey Relic, is the iguanadon thing one of the ones with the big sail fin on its back?
If you've ever seen an old sci-fi channel show called Dr. Rhul's Mysteries From Beyond The Other Dominion he talked about how those dinosaurs were supposed to be a special omnivor, because their diet consisted of plants, and solar energy. He basically tried to say that their fin was a solar collector. Dr. Rhul was insane but hilarious, in a real "I'll teach the fools at the academy for laughing at me, I'll show them all! Muahahahaha !" sort of way.

dang, now I gotta search for any old episodes of that show.

and, Tal? Velociraptors? Velociraptors?
Cmon, man.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Location: Ewing NJ (find Trenton, then run North as fast as you can)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron
Hey Relic, is the iguanadon thing one of the ones with the big sail fin on its back?
If you've ever seen an old sci-fi channel show called Dr. Rhul's Mysteries From Beyond The Other Dominion he talked about how those dinosaurs were supposed to be a special omnivor, because their diet consisted of plants, and solar energy. He basically tried to say that their fin was a solar collector. Dr. Rhul was insane but hilarious, in a real "I'll teach the fools at the academy for laughing at me, I'll show them all! Muahahahaha !" sort of way.
dang, now I gotta search for any old episodes of that show.
and, Tal? Velociraptors? Velociraptors?
Cmon, man.
Scrap, you're thinking of "Dimetrodon", another cool ancient lizard. (yes, I really am nerdy enough to know that...)
Old 05-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Scrap I can't believe that you're so environmentally unconscious! Do you know how much greenhouse gas your Mammoths would pass??? It's what really killed the dinos you know.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I don't think that my source, Dr. Franklin Ruehl, Ph.D would agree with you on that one Robertsr.
Besides, Everyone knows that the Dinosaurs were wiped out by a sneak attack from the aliens of alternate earth (Y'know the planet that circles the sun in the same orbit as earth so its always behind the sun).

On a side note, the people from the more serious threads should not look at this thread and expect a single piece of "evidence" to show up to support any statements recorded here. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Airsmith \ Tech

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Trilobite! those things are awesome! while it would be neat to have them back i'd probably rather have either a Doedicurus or perhaps a saber toothed cat

Doedicurus

Name: Doedicurus
Length: 13 feet
Weight: up to 2 tons
Time: 1.8 million to 11,000 years ago (Pleistocene epoch)
Place: South America
Diet: plant-eater (herbivore)

it would also be neat to have a plesiosaur in Loch Ness so that all the 'Nessie' fans could get their wish or perhaps a gigantopithecus (aka yeti) back in southeast asia...

gigantopithecus

for those of you who cant think of your own special extinct pre-historic creature to call your own...i suggest looking up something on this website: http://www.science501.com/PTprehistanim.html then google the scientific name of the one you want to get more info

also, if you're bored at work and want some fun games to play, check out these flash games: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/prehistoric_...l?indricothere

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

Two words. Giant Sloth.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat