mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Password theft

I upgraded to Yahoo Mail's new beta version yesterday. It looks like Outlook once it's installed.

Last night I found that I had listed an expensive motorcycle on ebay at a ridiculously low price with a buy it now button and requesting only instant cash payments. (yep, a scam by someone else.)

I edited the listing to say it was a scam and proceeded to try and contact ebay, but before I could do anything the bad guy changed my password and just kept listing. He also went to my yahoo email account that is listed on my ebay profile and found that the same password worked there. (I'm a dunce) He changed the password on that one too. Or, maybe he started in my email and went to ebay and found out my password was good. ?

or maybe he got the password in yahoo mail and followed it to my ebay account. I don't know.

I don't know if the email beta version is not safe, but I have not given out my password in a spoof message. Ebay corrected my problem with them, and I"m ok there.

But I can't get into my yahoo mail account, and can't get them to anwer my emails. The security question info doesn 't work to let me back in, I guess they changed it too?

I have no idea what they are doing with my email account, but does anyone have an answer to getting yahoo to pay attention to me and let me back into the account?

HELP

all my old messages and address info are in there. thanks Peter
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat