mcarterbrown.com  

Hall of Shame Bad feedback threads live here in feedback Hell, the only escape is redemption and Velcor's mercy!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #91 (permalink)

Any update would be greatly appreciated on this dilatory project.....
Old 05-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #92 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just thought I'd bump this thread. Been waiting on and off for a while now, so a while longer won't hurt I guess.

Watching the rain--and waiting for Heaven.

CyberNations
Duzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #93 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Okay. Last couple of months has been a rough one. Finished up school. Had a lot of school projects that had stacked up and had to be knocked out. Top that with having to compete in the SkillsUSA competition and being away for that.

While away at the competition a breaker tripped in the shop and cut power to the dehumidifier. End result, a shop full of rusty equipment. Uhg. Rust and me are sworn enemies. I have seen too many beautiful machines, cars, etc, destroyed by it. So I embarked on yet another crusade to end its presence in my shop. Oh and curse the idiots who decided to build my shop in a swamp. . .

Stock vise revisited. Well I finally got past my mental block of thinking that the stock vise needed to be adjustable. In its next version it is simply going to be a frame that bolts to the stock. That is what I am currently working on.

The 'in stock' ASA's. Sorry about this but I may need to change them to aluminum. Made several attempts to produce them on the schools CNC lathe and for some reason no one could explain the threads kept peeling. Maybe the brass itself, not sure. Going to try making them out of cartridge brass. If that doesn't work then they may have to be aluminum. At least they won't be visible if I have to resort to that.

That is basically where things stand. Oklahoma D-Day is rapidly coming up but I won't be making it this year, just simply can't afford it. Though I still might try to sneak out there and check out any new offerings that the vendors have.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #94 (permalink)
Inventor/ Mad Scientist

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
How was skills? I got shafted for the competition here. I was top of my class but the age restriction for machinist with skills Canada is 21, so i was not allowed to compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I always tell my wife: "It could be worse, I could be collecting cars or mistresses"
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
How reactionary, polite and intelligent you are Canada. You make me sad.
MCB Feedback

Building a Brass Regulator

Brass CCM Accessories Build Log
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #95 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
How was skills? I got shafted for the competition here. I was top of my class but the age restriction for machinist with skills Canada is 21, so i was not allowed to compete.

My opinion was that it was BS. I didn't do well because I made my part within specs and thus only got about 10% of it complete. The guy that won was 90% complete but not a single dimension was within specs. Part would have ended up in the scrap bin on a job. They awarded partial points for each operation completed, whether it was right or not. Machine work in the real world isn't graded on a curve, it is pass/fail. I was 2cd place on the written but choose not to advance because I was pissed. Probably not a smart move, but I've never been one for doing the smart thing.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #96 (permalink)
Post Whore

thanks for the update. can you give us more info on what all is completed and what is left to do?

EDIT: Removed quote to off topic info. Sorry for intruding chad. - Schmitti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #97 (permalink)
Warrior of the Wasteland

CCM Fan
Yes, can we please get an idea of where exactly you are in the build?

As C6quad indicated, A breakdown of what has been completed and roughly what still needs to be completed.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Sean_Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #98 (permalink)

So whats the news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff muffin View Post
We need more female advice on MCB, there's too much testosterone sometimes...

Bring her bacon! haha

Whatever you do, be cool and good luck.
Ghost848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #99 (permalink)
Warrior of the Wasteland

CCM Fan
Once again, scarecrow, can you please provide us with some kind of update on this build? I'd rather this not turn ugly like the situation with NOXX not communicating at all and completely disappearing. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a monthly update even if there isn't one but just to let us know that you're still around.

Thank you.
SC

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Sean_Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #100 (permalink)
MCB Member

any chance we can get an update? thanx...

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Feedback » Hall of Shame