mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Hooligan's Horde (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hooligans-horde/)
-   -   i'm home (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hooligans-horde/209876-im-home.html)

melkson 08-02-2012 06:10 PM

i'm home

so, i'm home after a 5 day stay in the cardiac wing of the Hospital. They removed my Pace maker, as the leads on it had the Staph B virus on them. So I have 1 month of IV antibiotics via a PICC line, then 2 weeks after I'm off the antibiotics, by infectious disease specalist SHOULD give me a clean bill of health. They they schedule me for a re-implant of a new pacemaker. All told 6-8 weeks without a Pacemaker, then 2 months to recover from the surgery. So this years paintball is shot!

The problem is that without my pacemaker, i'm having trouble doing anything active for more than 5 minutes without wheezing and getting light headed, so these next 6-8 weeks are REALLY going to suck. I'm going to try to make it to the WWZ game with my friend driving, but i'd be able to sit and that's about it :(

Deuce 08-02-2012 06:35 PM

I'm just glad to see things are looking up. I wish you a speedy recovery! Paintball will be here when you're able again, don't rush it.

Hooligan 08-02-2012 07:19 PM

Great to hear you are home. You might be done playing for the year, but not done with paintball for the year. I'm going to need a hand with some new ideas for the Hole, along with planning a couple of events down there.

foldadoom 08-02-2012 07:55 PM

hang in there, is it for arythmia? or another condtion (if I can ask)

So the leads that they put in had Staph bacteria on them??? hum, that sounds like they didnt follow sterile technique, they only thing I would say is maybe get yourself screened for MRSA, as an MRSA infection would give you a very bad day.

CaTFiSh 08-03-2012 07:43 AM

Kickback and relax good time for some game planning like Hooli said. Gangs of Colorado was a blast so look forward to another challenging game from ya Chris. Glad your home takecare bud hope to see ya soon!!

Titus 08-03-2012 07:53 AM

Stay healthy my friend!

melkson 08-03-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foldadoom (Post 2431371)
hang in there, is it for arythmia? or another condtion (if I can ask)

So the leads that they put in had Staph bacteria on them??? hum, that sounds like they didnt follow sterile technique, they only thing I would say is maybe get yourself screened for MRSA, as an MRSA infection would give you a very bad day.

I have the Pacemaker for Congestive Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy, both brought on by a severe case of pneumonia that I didn't treat for over 9 months (due to work's leave policies, more than 3 days in 3 months, you are FIRED, no excuses/notes).

They implanted it correctly, but I was exposed to Staph B, a common bug, some time later. However, the staph nested in the wire after traveling about in me and giving me septicemia back in April. Well, come last week I started to see the same symptoms, and had a resting pulse of 144. So back I went. After 3 days of testing, they confirmed the little buggers were on the wires. So out went the pacemaker, and it'll be 2 months until I can get one put back in.

To top it off, the doctor has ordered extreme resting for the first month while the Staph B is being treated with daily IV antibiotics, so I can only leave for things like doctor appointments, on full oxygen (5liters). After the 1st month, if I have a clean bill of health, I can do things like drive my car and go out to a movie, but nothing strenuous as my heart is under strain and has no backup in case I have a problem.

As things stand right now, just going from one room to another makes me have to sit and rest, and my conversations are in broken sentences as I try to mix getting enough air with talking.

being sick sucks!

blackrain 08-04-2012 05:37 AM

Glad you are home. Glad to here you are doing well. Sounds to me, since all you can really do is sit, start teching guns. Have someone build a little bench in your sitting area and start teching your stuff. Catch up on some projects, one gun at a time :)

Turn on the TV, pull out the tools and gun and get to it :drool:. Even better, since your mind will now be wondering all the time, keep a pad of paper near buy to write and draw all the paintball ideas that come to mind.

You have to stay active bro, be it physical or mental.

Keep us all posted and better.

Later,
Blackrain :D

huggybear13 08-04-2012 01:47 PM

Oh don't worry about that. He has two different areas for that. I'm sure he will stay occupied with his war hammer guys and steam lol.

HurtCow 08-04-2012 02:13 PM

Glad you're ok, bud! Extreme Resting sounds like a good basis for a new reality show...start scheming!