mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Hooligan's Horde (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hooligans-horde/)
-   -   next scenario idea? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hooligans-horde/226631-next-scenario-idea.html)

melkson 02-18-2013 03:44 PM

next scenario idea?

so hope and I are already thinking about the next event and how it would run. The current idea is post-apocalypse era, with respawns every 15 minutes. Missions are issued at each respawn time, and have the 15 minutes to complete. constant play, for 1/2 day, lunch, then switch sides. Hopperball, and only can reload paint if you are waiting to respawn. a couple of special classes. 'runner' that can only carry a pistol with 1 magazine, but can haul 6 pods of paint. Champions, who have earned the right to carry 4 pods by winning a duel against the other teams champion at the beginning of that 1/2 day. Duels will be .3357 with 6 shots, and melee weapon. Figure 1 champion per 20 players on a team? No medics, no officers, just constant carnage. One side of the field will have access to an armored vehicle (if they can keep it fueled). No anti-tank weapons. There will be a 'safe area' outside of the field that raiders can walk down to assault the villagers from any side. If they are outside the markings, they cannot be killed, but once they enter, they are fair game. This will allow flanking attacks on the village and keep the villagers from just setting up a line of shooters. There will be 2 flag stations (1 per side), and if points are scored every respawn depending on the color of the flag at respawn. There would be much more than this, but i'm hoping for feedback and/or ideas.

huggybear13 02-19-2013 07:37 AM

I think limiting the paint idea will keep ppl from coming down. You know me Ill play what ever.

Hooligan 02-19-2013 07:54 AM

After the amount of paint in the air on saturday, we have had alot of people asking for a limited paint/ gravity feed game. I'm all for it, but it will have to be late this summer or in early fall. I need some time to get the field in shape, plus I have a couple of out of state games that I really want to make it to this year after missing the last year.

melkson 02-19-2013 12:28 PM

we were thinking mid/late october if there are no other evenys going in 2 weeks before/after.

As for the limited paint, ammo would be hard to get in such a time, and it limits peoples shooting habits. It definitely changes play strategy. So your gun can do 15bps full auto? Great, go ahead, you have less than 15 seconds of shooting then have to respawn to fill that hopper, unless your team has a runner, or a champion.

Vitamin J 02-25-2013 01:49 PM

Hopperball with the only reloads being respawn and runners sounds freakin awesome! I'm not sure if it would be a popular game but it would be fun haha.

I also like the idea of armored vehicle insertions.

Elemental 02-25-2013 04:09 PM

I'd be down for a limited paint game. Just so long as I can carry a hopper's worth of 10 round tubes onto the field for stock class.

melkson 02-25-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elemental (Post 2635438)
I'd be down for a limited paint game. Just so long as I can carry a hopper's worth of 10 round tubes onto the field for stock class.

Yeah, for those that don't use 200rd hoppers, you could carry extra paint to make up the remainder. That includes people who use 10rd tubes and mags.

Rowlf 02-25-2013 10:13 PM

Just my 2-cents...if you limit your paint, you'll also limit the number of players who come to play! if that's what you want, go for it. If you're looking to draw 100 players again, I'd look more at capping the electro's.

short304 02-25-2013 10:26 PM

I'd definitely come down for a limited paint game.

melkson 02-25-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 2635856)
Just my 2-cents...if you limit your paint, you'll also limit the number of players who come to play! if that's what you want, go for it. If you're looking to draw 100 players again, I'd look more at capping the electro's.

In theroy capping electros is great, and I asked people to do so at the last event. However people were going full auto all the time. Hell, I even have a video shot by a person who was shooting full auto, and posted it.

Limiting everyone to gravity feed is a possible fix, but even that will limit who is willing to participate. Some people are just not happy unless they are blasting full auto constantly. I really don't want those people.

However, opinions like that ARE what i'm looking for, and thank you. My other events DID have limits, and drew fewer people. Any ideas on how to get the bodies but realistically limit the players?