mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Hooligan's Horde (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hooligans-horde/)
-   -   NUKED: 2014 - Scenario fundraiser and raffle to benefit Bob Gurnsey (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/hooligans-horde/251025-nuked-2014-scenario-fundraiser-raffle-benefit-bob-gurnsey.html)

melkson 02-09-2014 11:47 PM

NUKED: 2014 - Scenario fundraiser and raffle to benefit Bob Gurnsey

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...79897180_n.jpg

April 5th, Hooligan's Hole will he hosting a Scenario event and raffle, with all profits going the Bob Gurnsey Paintball Scholarship Fund. We are hoping to get donations of random gear to add to the raffle, to help the fundraising effort. Our raffle will be local, none of the items will be sold, or raffled off on line. With that in mind, if you are close, maybe you want to come, play some paintball, and maybe win some great gear.

The Bob Gurnsey Paintball Scholarships are prestigious scholarships awarded in tribute to Bob Gurnsey, creator of the paintball sport, to encourage higher education of today's youth in paintball. These scholarships are open to all high school senior paintball players, with the opportunity to receive a $2,500 National Award and multiple $500 Regional Scholarship Awards.

With that in mind, I would ask those of you with stuff just collecting dust in a corner to consider donating some of it to our raffle. Yes, if you want to donate money, we will accept that also, but I'm just asking for whatever random stuff people are willing to send. It doesn't have to be new, but nothing yucky, ok folks? Yes, i'm looking a YOU Mar. I'll do my best to refurbish everything that comes in to the best of my abilities, so if it doesn't work now, I'll give it a shot at reviving it.

We are also doing a Best Wishes card for Bob, and will be adding the name of any donator to the card if they wish. If you do send something, please either PM me here, or include a note with how you would like your name on the card.

Here is a link to our Facebook page for the event, and some contact information is on the page.

NUKED: 2014

And my name and shipping address in case anyone wants it:
Chris Murphy
720 Melany Lane #24
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

I just want to say thank you to those who already have sent us stuff, and a preemptive thank you to those who will. Thank you all,

Melkson

melkson 02-10-2014 01:33 AM

And in case anyone was wondering, we have Bob Gurnsey's blessings for this event, and the funds raised will be delivered by the wonderful Tina 'Goldengirl' Ruzzo.

We are donating all profits from the event, and all funds donated and raised by the raffle. It's the least Hooligan's Horde can do to honor this man that has brought so many together in a common pastime.

matteekay 02-10-2014 09:06 AM

I don't know that I have anything to donate, but I'll be playing for sure.

matteekay 03-11-2014 02:39 PM

So... who else is in?

melkson 03-11-2014 03:27 PM

Those who pre-reg do get some free raffle tickets for the main raffle.

There will be a 2nd special raffle, that will include an unused, mint Splatmaster signed by Bob Gurnsey (#6 of 60), woodstalk mask and shop goggles, like new period holster, and a period T squeegee in period squeegee carrier. All this stuff dates back to the 80's! Tickets for this raffle will be sold separately.

matteekay 03-27-2014 11:17 AM

Question: I'm not on the FacePages so how can I pre-reg?

Other question: How the hell do I get there?!

Jebus 03-27-2014 11:23 AM

matteekay, can I send down some money to you to buy a few raffle tickets? I'll send $100 US in cash.

Cheers!

matteekay 03-27-2014 11:31 AM

Aaaaaw, you don't need to do that!

...oh, you'd want the prizes, wouldn't you? Dang it. I'd advise that I'm incredibly unlucky and NEVER win raffles.

Jebus 03-27-2014 11:33 AM

I'll stuff the bills downy pants and wear them for a day at work...THEN send them down..that's gotta be lucky right??

Meh, don't really care if I win anything lol, going to a
Cool cause.

matteekay 03-27-2014 11:35 AM

Drop me a Prime Minister and we can chat.