mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
TAG
Proud Paintball Addict !!

Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
LaSoya Promaster Question....

Hey folks - I am in the middle of restoring a LaSoya Promaster . I got a reg that I presume is in working order.

That being said, I put an on/off ASA and macro fittings to it. There are 2 air guages on the body at the top of the reg.

The LOW pressure air guage registers, but the HIGH pressure air guage is not showing any air at all.

This is my first ICD restoration, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated !!

Any ideas?

--TAG--
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

The gauge is probably broken.

MCB Feedback
sdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

which gauge is reading? right side or left?

Left side should be the high pressure. right is low. the high pressure should read before the low does, so as he said above if the left side (high) is not reading, replace it.
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got a Lasoya promaster with a broken gauge (high side). I replaced it with a 500 psi gauge which promptly broke in normal operation. It was on a plain promaster front block without the low side port. I just put a plug in it.

If you want a gauge there, I would put at least an 800 psi gauge or 1200 psi gauge, so that the pressure spikes won't be a large percentage of the gauge span.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
TAG

Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
OK, lemme get some paycheck in the next day or 2, and I will put a newer guage on the high side - I'll report back on how it goes. Thanks for the help so far !!

--TAG--
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
TAG

Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Haven't bought the gauges yet, but here's what I have.....borrowed a buddy's camera to see if pics would help...

On this side, the gauge reads 0-750

On the other side,

the gauge reads 0-150

I out some air to it (3k tank) and turned it on - no leaks from ASA or body from what I could tell/hear - the LOW side went to about 100, and the HIGH side barely moved. The bolt did NOT move, either - but I don't know if that's important because it was unloaded the whole time I was checking.

Any ideas so far? I'm still going to get a new high-side guage...something up to 1200 just to play it safe.

--TAG--
Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

The high side is reading the HPR, the low to the LPR. You'd get a much better reading if you had a lower ranged gauge. Not sure what the Promaster runs at, but it's probably in the sub-400 range.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
TAG

Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I've been trying to figure this marker out - I've never had anything like it before, so that's part of the fun...learning a new 'older' electro ...

--TAG--
Old 06-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

The promasters like to be around 200-250. My lpr is at 110 according to the gauge. The 0-750 is fine, since the chance of spiking a full 800 is low. Not sure it would wreck the gauge even if it did spike.

You have tried rasing the HP, with no change on the HP gauge?
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I see your bolt looks like it is back when it has no air. The ram comes with a spring in the back that keeps it pushed forward without any air on the marker. Maybe someone just took the spring out. If that is the case, you should be able to push the bolt back forth without any air on it. Even with the spring and no air, you can push it back and forth a little with your finger, especially against the valve stem.

That HPR is an ICD freestyle reg if it hasn't been pointed out already. I don't think there was a big difference, but you might want to use that manual from the ICD website.

I scrapped my gauges, but my lpr is turned in about one thread below the edge of the housing. 100 psi doesn't sound bad to me either. The gauge could be reading +/- 15 psig, so it should be about right.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD