mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   ICD (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/)
-   -   Best Promaster board? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/171104-best-promaster-board.html)

JKIRB23 08-02-2011 08:26 PM

Best Promaster board?

hey guys, i found a promaster laying around in my closet yesterday and thought it would be cool to see how well i could maximize its performance. i was wondering, as seeing this would most likely be the first upgrade i purchase, what is the best after market board for the promaster? i have heard about various boards such as the Nox, Kila, the universal chaos 2k7 (by vapor works: Paintballtrader.com*::...). I have heard of these boards but have never seen them compared. This brings me to the concluding question: what is the best aftermarket board for the icd promaster? (do not limit your answers to the boards above, they were just mentioned as examples).

:bang:Sorry for any typos, just had surgery for a broken hand and am in a cast; typing is not my strength as of rite now.:bang:

Thanks for reading, keep shooting.
-JKIRB23

sdawg 08-02-2011 09:20 PM

I had a NoX board that was pretty nice, but you'll never find one.

Supergyro 08-02-2011 09:23 PM

And don't buy from paintball trader. You have a 50/50 chance between ever getting it, and getting it a year late.

maloneoni 08-02-2011 10:32 PM

For tournament play, I would go with the Kila drive board. They are still in business and presumably will provide updates for ramping rules and such. You could probably fine tune a Nox board to do the same thing, but they are not easy to come by. Plus, Nox no longer exists, so there is no customer support as far as I know.

For recreational play, I like the predator lite board because it is very easy to adjust. However, they tend to have bounce issues and tag does not offer updates for the predator lite, so the programming is 4-5 years (or more) old.

Spider! 08-02-2011 10:41 PM

If you browse around ICDO...

ICDO › Forums › Marker Talk › ProMaster › Promaster FAQ

I think the kila board is the only one readily available new.

Kila Products, LLC

I think the lasoya pm board is supposed to be a "kila lite" version, but I haven't been able to find the difference.

'Nobody', '63VDub', and some others (maloneoni) are around MCB and ICDO and might have some board ideas (as well as plain old ram and lpr mods).

Tachiro 08-03-2011 08:42 AM

would you be willing to part the old board? i've got nothing to get this project gun up and running with right now. lmk

JKIRB23 08-05-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachiro (Post 1945270)
would you be willing to part the old board? i've got nothing to get this project gun up and running with right now. lmk

yes, i would be willing to part the board once i get an aftermarket board.

63VDub 08-06-2011 12:04 AM

Kila is your best all around choice unless you happen to find a used Chaos (IMO).

george989 08-08-2011 01:53 PM

I just picked up a used NOX board on ICD-Owners. Its very difficult to learn to program, but once you get the hang of it, its rips!!!!! Check ICD-Owners, you'll have a better chance of finding promaster parts on there.

krupasjeans 08-10-2011 01:13 AM

For rec play, I'd recommend a NOX only because once you memorize the main registers (Firing mode, dwell and ROF cap) you can change most of what you need with just trigger pulls and you won't have to pull out your allen wrench set to change settings.
However you're going to have to be patient since NOX boards don't come up too often.

But if you need another board soon , I'd say get the Kila board. It can ROF cap to the tourneys nowadays and honestly has a butt load of adjustibility. The main drawback for me is that you need to physically manipulate switches on the board itself to adjust the settings and that means taking off half of the grip. A pain, but the board is solid and the company is still in business and they say they can do software updates for life(bonus)