mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Electro Noob, help needed

ok so I'm not new to paintball, but I am new to electronic guns. I recently purchased a b2k bushmaster as my first electronic gun. The reason I chose the bushmaster was because I wanted something cheap to cut my teeth on.

I am very familiar with the autococker so I will use that to describe the parts I am unsure of the correct name for.

Now on to the problem. While shooting my bushmaster this weekend all of a sudden the bolt froze in the back position. I listened at the side of the gun and could here the clack of the (electronic three way?) under the ram, but the bolt wouldn't move forward. I took every thing a part and cleaned it and inspected it for bad "o" rings, but I couldn't find any. I reassembled the gun and still the bolt would go back, the e-three way would clack, but nothing else would happen.

I then took apart the gun again and noticed a small button on the bottom of the e-three way. I pushed it, but nothing happened. I reassembled the gun, but still no success.

I then gassed up the gun, but took off the grip and bottom tray so that I could see what was wrong with the e-three way while the gun cycled. I was sure that was the cause of the problem. I turned the gun on and heard once again heard the clack of the e-three way but nothing cycled. I then pushed the before mentioned button and low and behold the gun cycled. But when I pulled the trigger the gun would still just clack and not cycle. I then proceeded to push the button multiple times and after about 20 cycles I tried the trigger again and it worked.

So I reassembled the gun and just to make sure I fired off about 100 shots or so with no problems.

So long story short what was wrong with my gun? will this be a regularly reoccurring problem?

Thanks
Mavalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Ok first question before I think we can help:

Have you set your LPR and HPR yet?

Also some light reading here:

http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...=105238#105389

Last edited by pk5; 08-22-2011 at 04:05 PM.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is your battery fresh? Also Don't put oil in the ASA (personal experience).

Moses688_Feedback
Moses688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
ICD-O Boss

Sounds like you have a sticky pilot in your solenoid (the electronic three way). pushing the button will manually cycle the pilot, and is a great way to diagnose a sticky pilot. You usually get this if the marker is overlubed andthen sits for a long period. Usually, if you free it up, it will not give you any more troubles. Lubrication of b2ks is subject to debate, so I will say to just make sure you use a good synthetic grease or oil. I prefer grease, but many have had years of use with oil, so I won't argue that. Do not use Dow 55 on dynamic orings, it will swell them, and that's bad juju.
ICD-O: The MCB of the ICD world, sorta...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
In short... I don't know what I'm doing. I'll figure it out after another beer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hula Popper View Post
It's my first day as a MCB member and that was well worth $10
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63VDub View Post
Sounds like you have a sticky pilot in your solenoid (the electronic three way). pushing the button will manually cycle the pilot, and is a great way to diagnose a sticky pilot. You usually get this if the marker is overlubed andthen sits for a long period. Usually, if you free it up, it will not give you any more troubles. Lubrication of b2ks is subject to debate, so I will say to just make sure you use a good synthetic grease or oil. I prefer grease, but many have had years of use with oil, so I won't argue that. Do not use Dow 55 on dynamic orings, it will swell them, and that's bad juju.
When I cleaned it there was a metric **** ton of grease all over the ram, so a sticky pilot sounds exactly like what my problem was. I plan on using 3-in-one silicone spray lubricant that I picked up at the hardware store for it. Will this work? due to the distances of pro-shops from my house I've been forced to pretty much use what my hardware store keeps in stock, which is Hoppies No. 9 for most of my guns, but fortunately I skimmed the manual for the bushmaster and noticed that it recommended silicone lube and absolutely no petroleum based lubes, So I got some silicone lube.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

the silicon spray won't last long as it drys quickly and you won't get a good even coat on the parts. the hardware store should carry "Super Lube" which is a great all purpose lube. you can get the smallest(1.5 oz tube or whatever size) and it will last you a couple of years, if not more.

also, when you use the lube, a little will go a long way. you don't want a shine, just a light coating. bad a little on your finger and run the oring over it. use a q-tip on the hard to reach orings.

other than that, ICDO has all the FAQ that you could want and need. follow the link in my sig, since we deal with nothing but ICD guns.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
the silicon spray won't last long as it drys quickly and you won't get a good even coat on the parts. the hardware store should carry "Super Lube" which is a great all purpose lube. you can get the smallest(1.5 oz tube or whatever size) and it will last you a couple of years, if not more.
Like this?
.25oz Oilier Lubricant by Synco Div Superlube - 51010 - More Grease and lubricants at doitbest.com

Also I seem to be having so trouble registering on ICDO? where am I supposed to click? the link just takes me back to the home page?

Last edited by Mavalon; 08-23-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

that be Super Lube.

contact Vdub, as he can fix any problems that you might be having.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
CCM Pumps

CCM Fan
there is also super lube in a grease/gel form http://www.doitbest.com/Grease+and+l...sku-574007.dib . I use it to replace dow and it works great.

Last edited by skleinsmith; 08-23-2011 at 12:28 PM.
skleinsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

that tube of gel is what you want, I got some on sale for dirt cheap when a radio shack was going out of business; it's amazing.

funny how all the ICD guys come out of the woodwork for this thread.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD