mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Please forgive my ignorance...

Ok so I was rebuilding a b2k that, and I believe that the solenoid is shot. Testing it without air the solenoid would clack once, maybe twice, and then would remain silent until I pressed the button on the bottom. Then it would be good for one or two more trigger pulls and it would go silent again. When I did add air the bolt machine gunned for a second and then froze in the forward position .

Would any one know how to fix this, or will I need to acquire a new solenoid?
If I need a new solenoid, how much do they normally cost and where is the best place to get one?

The good news is that after it stopped machine gunning, It didn't leak, so at least I'm making progress.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Have you opened it up? Sounds like the pilot solenoid might just need a wee touch of lube or something.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
Have you opened it up? Sounds like the pilot solenoid might just need a wee touch of lube or something.
After it didn't work the first time I took it apart and cleaned a couple of pieces. threw it back together and it clacked for about fifteen trigger pulls then it reverted to its prior state.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Have you changed the battery?

When was the last time you cleaned the LPR?

If the solenoid is broken, the best place to look is icd-owners.com. Just put up a WTB thread.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Who’s with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloneoni View Post
Have you changed the battery?

When was the last time you cleaned the LPR?

If the solenoid is broken, the best place to look is icd-owners.com. Just put up a WTB thread.
The battery is fresh.
I just rebuilt and cleaned the LPR fresh "o" rings and lube on everything.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

try flipping the black cap to the solenoid if that is on upside down it will not work. I like to take a marker and put a line down the side of the solenoid before I take them apart so I cant invert anything.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

when i tested the harness, i used your noid of course. there where no problems with it, as it clicked multiple times. the bolt shooting forward would have nothing to do with the noid, as that sounds like the LPR being set too high.

set the HPR to about 200psi and turn the LPR all the way down to 0. turn the LPR till the bolt starts to set and finally is in the normal firing position. that will give you a the working pressures to fire the gun.

also, any time you lube the noid, you should have only the lightest of lube on it. it should have a light shine, and not be shiny.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
try flipping the black cap to the solenoid if that is on upside down it will not work. I like to take a marker and put a line down the side of the solenoid before I take them apart so I cant invert anything.
This fixed the bolt problem. I was able to put about 140 shots through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
when i tested the harness, i used your noid of course. there where no problems with it, as it clicked multiple times. the bolt shooting forward would have nothing to do with the noid, as that sounds like the LPR being set too high.

set the HPR to about 200psi and turn the LPR all the way down to 0. turn the LPR till the bolt starts to set and finally is in the normal firing position. that will give you a the working pressures to fire the gun.

also, any time you lube the noid, you should have only the lightest of lube on it. it should have a light shine, and not be shiny.
My guess is that It was just a little gummed up, which is why it wouldn't shoot, When I cleaned it I fixed the problem but reassembled it wrong. All is well now.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

good. LMK how you like the harness. want to listen to the community about these.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
good. LMK how you like the harness. want to listen to the community about these.
Works great! Must have for ICD guns.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD