mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Vintagerex says they're pressed... Gah that changes things. I like how on the Defiant I can remove the ram without taking the frame off like on the BKO.

So here's the real question; which one would shoot smoother? That's all I really care about. I imagine, though, that since they're practically the same guns, that they would shoot the same... Everything seems to weigh the same, so...

Yeah, a pic of how far to cut the board would be most helpful. My plan right now would be to cut the board down and hopefully get it small enough that I could stuff it in the tray above the triggerguard, so I can move the solenoid into the grip. Would that be doable? Would I be able to get the board small enough to do that, or would I need a UTB?

I might be interested in a new harness but not right now. I won't be able to work on this for 2 years, so it would be kind of pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

vintage rex, while great, isn't the absolute source for info. its more like wikipedia, where the people put in the info. when people are involved, mistakes and assumptions are made. we at ICDO strive to get all the info from ICD, techs who worked there, as well as private investigations.

BKO's are FASORs. Forward Air, Spring On Return. BKO's aren't as tunable regular B2Ks. better LPRs as well as DIY ram mods(polishing, porting). so IMO, BKOs can be good, but B2Ks are better.

don't forget about the battery. the noid and battery would make for a cramped frame. hoses take up a lot of space, then add in the wires. not saying that it can't be done, but it takes a little thought and a little patience.

original board(which i assume is the same as yours)

top left is the cut board

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

So I have to cut that wierd pyramid thing on top?

What threads to they have then?

And yeah, I didn't forget about the battery. I figure if someone can fit a board, solenoid and battery in a Tippmann 98 grip then it shouldn't be too hard here.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

basically, when you cut the board, you should leave at least an 1/8th inch from the bottom most resistor. i got the board cut like that. i would just go straight across.

Feedneck Threads:
0.812” x 32 tpi

the ICD threads are there own threading, in that, it only fits ICD threaded feednecks. ION/epiphany feednecks can work, some are better than others. but its best to get ICD threaded ffeednecks. CCM, and i think AKA still have them CCMs on ebay all the time.

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Old 10-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

I hate how CCM used Ebay... It's a pain in the ***.

So the Defiant uses the same thread then?

Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

defiants are ICD. the history goes something like this. Bob Long wanted an electro, but couldn't put out his first initial designs, ICD had the Bushmaster. Bob approached them and made a licensing deal, where ICD would make the bodies, but had some changes: body milling, anno, cocker threads for the barrel, grip frame and stock barrel. all the other parts are exactly the same as stock ICD parts. from that, anything you can do to a B2K you can do to a Defiant and vice versa.

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Old 10-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Yeah I knew they were similar. But I thought Bob Long and ICD designed the Bushmaster and the Defiant together at the same time.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

no, the B2K was first, then was used as the base for the Bob Long Defiant. its common misconception where the Defiant came in or the design, but ICDO and the Dobbins family have set this straight over the years.

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback

Last edited by Nobody; 10-28-2011 at 08:53 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD