mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   ICD (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/)
-   -   Bought my first alley cat & have some questions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/193995-bought-my-first-alley-cat-have-some-questions.html)

Bubkat 02-29-2012 04:54 PM

Bought my first alley cat & have some questions

I'm excited to say that I managed to snag a brand new alley cat via ebay!

I was wondering about what kind of barrels the alley cat uses and where I could find a aftermarket barrel? I also was wondering if the marker could work with my nitro tank or if I should just pick up a 9oz co2 tank. Also what are my frame options; does anyone still sell the 45frame blocks ?

Titus 02-29-2012 04:59 PM

ICD barrels, You can still find some used J&Js out there. I sell a few of my hittmann barrels in ICD thread on my website that are new. I've seen some Armson barrels too in ICD thread.

ACs if I remember correctly like syphon tanks, so you'll need one of them. .45 frames, you can buy from CCI.

maloneoni 02-29-2012 05:15 PM

I run my thundercat on HPA without issue.

You can find used ICD threaded barrels. Freaks, Pipes, CPs, etc.

Spider! 02-29-2012 06:35 PM

On the bay, you sometimes see the empire barrel kits between $40 and $80 (!).

For HPA, it sometimes helps to put a plugged gas thru grip on the front as a volume chamber. Some ACs seem to work fine either way on HPA, but I find them very strange to handle with a big bottle on the back. With a 9 oz they are a lot of fun.

Fubarius 02-29-2012 06:47 PM

Takes the same frame blocks as found on Phantoms (or more correctly, both guns use the same AR style grip lug). Haven't seen an ICD specific grip block in a few years, and I snagged that one to put on my ATS ;). A CCM 86 grip block would be quite awesome on a cat.

Look for a well ported barrel, they have a lot of potential to be a freakishly quiet gun. The stock barrels have a bit of a pop to them, but the ICD threaded Freak with an All American tip I use on mine is rather scary in how quiet it is.

HurtCow 02-29-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubarius (Post 2235034)

Look for a well ported barrel, they have a lot of potential to be a freakishly quiet gun. The stock barrels have a bit of a pop to them, but the ICD threaded Freak with an All American tip I use on mine is rather scary in how quiet it is.

I have an ACI Zero Gravity barrel on mine, and it's the quietest gun I own; even quieter than my cf-barreled CCM.

krupasjeans 02-29-2012 09:41 PM

I've been able to use HPA with both of my Puma's without an issue. Make sure you are using a high pressure output reg though. Even a mid pressure reg (600psi) might not be enough.

And someone over on ICD-Owners.com posted up this link. If you're looking for a good paint to barrel match you could try getting a Freak kit. You might want to snap up one of these backs before they are sold out.

Smart Parts Freak Back Aluminum Version - Bushmaster - Black

Myrkul 03-01-2012 02:36 PM

Shameless self interest... ;) it's well ported, and was freakishly quiet on my bushy, it would be awesome to see what it would do on a cat..
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ed-barrel.html

ICDO probably has some nice options for you too.

psychosplinter 03-02-2012 04:28 PM

I've found that my Thunder and Alleycats like HPA when I have some sort of expansion chamber in the extra ASA. With three ways to tweak your marker (velocity and recock on the side, spring in the back) you can use CO2 or air, though it seems that they like high pressure no matter which way you go.

As for barrels, I've found that the short stock barrels are actually pretty nice, the bore is a perfect size to where I can actually use modern paint with them. Even my brass J&J's are useable, and it's what I prefer on my 'cats.