mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
what do you hate most...

about your bushmaster? i have one and i love the thing to death but i dont think it can compete with todays world of paintball. i have a slight leak and other than that i love it. anyone else here feel the same way about not keeping up with todays makrers?
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

As far as electros go, stock, they are bulky, slow bricks by todays standards, but you can really make them scream. and cut out that tray. Its all dependent on how much money you want to sink into it.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Isn't the stock board uncapped semi with a max of 33 bps capable? I don't see them as being as refined as modern stuff, but that's the way the process goes.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
does anyone sell aftermarket boards ??
Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Kila makes a board, its more for the Freestyle and Promaster, since the board has a microswitch attached, but either you can disable it or just leave it alone.

the stock board, the 8200 is uncapped for semi(9 shot bps on the 3, 6, and FA settings), and the only problem you have is the LPR and the stock HPR keeping up.

but other than that, there is nothing that a B2K can't do that a more modern gun can do. sure, you have to do a little massaging of the internals, but that makes it more worth while, since you are doing it yourself and not adding in just a bolt on.

polish the ram, polish the LPR, even polish out the valve, and you can get some more consistency and a little more BPS. add in a better board with better dwell adjustment and an better HPR and there is nothing that a B2K can't do compared to a modern gun.

now, B2Ks, are more of sleepers. like this(i did change out the Etek HPR for a Sidewinder cause i had one):

that can shoot as fast as anything else out there. and i'll put it against anything else out there.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
true, who can do the polishing stuff? im not too handy on working on my guns other than general maintence. and is it me or does the Bushy's shoot like a "lob" feeling not a flat,straight shot?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

a drill, wood doweling, rag, polish and some patience is all you need. there are people you can send it to, but a simple search on youtube can teach you how to polish. you just have to hit the moving parts.

the lob, its more you, and the pressure settings you have on the regs.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought Jello was just trolling at first.

When you go from different grip frames and body heights, the same velocity can look really off. The loader and bottle positions also affect the weight and support points, so going between various markers can be a challenge. Even when you know the difference, it can take a long time to get used to the new setup.

The real problem is a marker that you won't play with enough to get used to. It works perfectly, you just can't hit what you're pointing at. I've had that problem with brand new markers.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
Nobody- where do you live in South Jersey? i rather send my marker to someone who can do everything (polish the internals, upgrade my board, and set the gun up to perfection)??? do you know anyone who could help me out?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord of Bones

I don't feel that way at all. My field is semi only, so there is no need for a new board for me, the stock one is fine. As far as bulky...meh, I run mine with a 10 in barrel and a huge drop forward, so my gun while it is pretty tall, is also very short lenght wise which makes it great for playing solid bunkers. I felt the same way you did with the gun "lobbing" at first, but I've since played more with the reg pressures, spring tension, etc and now that I've gotten used to it I feel it is one of my most accurate guns. At least at my field it's defiantly one of the "higher" end guns. Granted this gun is by no means a luxe, but I've gotten multiple complements on the gun, and I have never felt out gunned with it. And it certainly beats the **** out of minis, G4s, and other "mid end" guns, at least in my experience.

Last edited by Myrkul; 04-25-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Myrkul is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD