mcarterbrown.com  

Old 08-23-2012, 03:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It does not change the performance of the marker, but if you have to completely disassemble the marker, it makes life a heck of a lot easier.

If the HPR has two orings on the piston, it is probably good. A clamping feedneck is also nice if it does not already have one.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Who’s with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

the only upgrade i normally do is to change out the 80 gram microswitch out with a 25 gram, but with the PM and the microswitch on the board, i can't. but, i do use newer parts and thicker wires(stock wires are 26-28g wires, i use 24g. which doesn't seem like a lot, but it is). but, if changing out the sickly green LED for a colour matching to the gun or clashing colour, or a personal colour LED, can be considered an improvement, then i can do it.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
the only upgrade i normally do is to change out the 80 gram microswitch out with a 25 gram, but with the PM and the microswitch on the board, i can't. but, i do use newer parts and thicker wires(stock wires are 26-28g wires, i use 24g. which doesn't seem like a lot, but it is). but, if changing out the sickly green LED for a colour matching to the gun or clashing colour, or a personal colour LED, can be considered an improvement, then i can do it.
So all in all its just a tad beefier. Which is always a good thing.

Are there any lever lock feed necks? It has a twist lock on there now I just can not get a good clamp on my prophecy.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM and AKA still make feednecks. though Ion feed necks can be used, the threading is off just a little bit, so its a crap shot whether or not it will fit well or not. i like CCM feednecks, but wish they would make the jump to a lever lock.

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Even the just clamping ones would be better than the twist lock I have on there. I hate twist locks. I have an ion threaded one maybe I'll try that out. If not over to Ccm!!!
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
Old 08-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The CCMs are 25 dollars or something and can be had used for as little as 15. They are a great investment.
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Who’s with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
I got one of my ion feed necks to work. Also fixed a leak last night. The banjo fitting for the ram had a bad o-ring. Can a regular ion qev work in that spot?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It depends on the QEV. If you have a clippard style QEV, you will have to change out the push-connect or barb for the correct size connector. The ion hose is slightly larger. I don't know about any other qevs that the ion accepts.

-Arnold J. Rimmer
Old 08-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

or you can get rid of the QEV altogether with a 10-32 fitting, IIRC. i need to do that to my LPM. then again, i'm only guessing since i've yet to put air to it. but that was the problem that i was told it had(leaky QEV).

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
I just don't like how this qev works. It is rigid and screws in like a pipe elbow so where it seals nicely isn't where it needs to sit for the hose. Its fine now though.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD