mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   ICD (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/)
-   -   alley cat reg ? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/icd/23022-alley-cat-reg.html)

Malakav 09-23-2007 10:07 PM

alley cat reg ?

I have a question, would putting a reg on the vertical work w/o bottom line? If I had ports plugged would it still regulate, or would it just act as an X-chamber?

going_home 09-23-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakav (Post 216544)
I have a question, would putting a reg on the vertical work w/o bottom line? If I had ports plugged would it still regulate, or would it just act as an X-chamber?

I picked one up for a song on Ebay.
Only thing wrong with it was it was missing the plug that goes where a foregrip would go. So I plugged the outlet on a foregrip and stuck it on there and it works fine.

Malakav 09-23-2007 10:34 PM

Yeah I am just curios if a regulator will actually functionas it should on there if plugged. I use an x-chamber now, just curious if any of the ICD gurus had any thoughts on this. Would like to reg it but hate bottom lines would rather use rear asa

Phantom Power 09-24-2007 12:00 AM

A regulator has an input port and an output port. It will only work as a regulator if the air source is upstream from the reg, going into the input port and the ouput (regulated) air is going into the marker. If you put it on the vertical ASA and plug the input port then it will just be a handgrip, and not regulate anything.

Railgun 09-24-2007 01:45 AM

With a 'Cat you don't want to regulate it. These things need the full pressure to operate properly. Through a rather odd set of deals I ended up with 3 operating 'Cats when I only wanted one. But the thing is that NONE of them would even work on air. They need the greater mass of a shot of CO2 to operate. So a regulator is the last thing you want.

Not that the way you're talking about would regulate anything. It would act like a little bit of a reservoir but not as much as the expansion chamber would.

If you're really only looking for a foregrip what about something like a PMI gas thru grip with the bottom plugged? At least it would be thinner and lighter than an expansion chamber.

Malakav 09-24-2007 06:41 PM

ok that was the answer I was looking for! :D I have another question has anyone seen a RT on a 'cat?

going_home 09-24-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Railgun (Post 216633)
With a 'Cat you don't want to regulate it. These things need the full pressure to operate properly. Through a rather odd set of deals I ended up with 3 operating 'Cats when I only wanted one. But the thing is that NONE of them would even work on air. They need the greater mass of a shot of CO2 to operate. So a regulator is the last thing you want.

Not that the way you're talking about would regulate anything. It would act like a little bit of a reservoir but not as much as the expansion chamber would.

If you're really only looking for a foregrip what about something like a PMI gas thru grip with the bottom plugged? At least it would be thinner and lighter than an expansion chamber.

You must have used a low pressure output tank then because mine works like a champ on air.

:hammer:

bullet 09-25-2007 08:28 PM

I agree with going home I run all of mine on air. If using Co2 a gas thur grip would help it keep some of the wet slug efect out of you marker and give you that reservoir that may help. AGD make a bike grip I think thats what its called but it works good

Azzy 09-25-2007 10:31 PM

They run great and consistant on liquid CO2... oh so nice.

Railgun 09-26-2007 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by going_home (Post 217144)
You must have used a low pressure output tank then because mine works like a champ on air.

:hammer:

Nope, two high pressure outputs and neither of them would work my 'Cats for more than 3 or 4 shots before they would miss catching and just burp down to nothing. Tried a LOT of various settings and other than hard in on the hammer spring it was no go. But on CO2 it's a whole other world. Was able to back off the spring preload a lot and screw in the adjuster screws by a bit.

Now all of this is just dryfiring without paint going through them. I understand that shooting actual paint can make a huge difference.