mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Evil God of Nogoodniks

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Anyone still teching guns

Long story short. I don't have the time or facilities to tech guns any more. I am trying to get my FS back up and running. I thought I had it all figured out when I changed all of the orings in the gun. Then it sat over night and bled the tank.
I think the noid is still good, not positive. I might have to check into the Sidewinder and STD JDS lpr.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I tech'd a gentleman's FS5 last year and it seemed to shoot good when it left my hands.
I have most of the o-rings needed to do a full rebuild myself and I have the time (right now).

However, there's another user on here and ICDO, maloneoni, who is a knowledgeable guy with Freestyles. If it's a manifold issue he might be able to help out by retapping those manifold screws.

I think Mal will eventually pop in the thread and give you his availability. Heck, I'd probably send my Freestyles to him if I was ever in a fix.

But also keep in mind how many dynamic seals there are in a Freestyle bolt system. They aren't efficient guns to start out with and a tiny leak from one of the bolt o-rings is really miniscule issue, given how many times you'll fill your tank in a day of play anyway.
I once replaced a bolt stem o-ring on my FSPro that wasn't leaking. (I'd read that it was better to have a urethane ring on there, so I swapped a urethane for a buna) It started leaking after I replaced that one o-ring. I went back and swapped another buna on there and presto, no more leak.

I realized that sometimes Freestyles are like Autocockers, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have six freestyles, all within four feet of this computer that need work. I can't take any more work on until I get a few of these sorted out. I wish I could help.

Are there any leaks you can hear?
We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Apart from pain. And maybe humiliation and obviously death. And failure. But apart from fear, pain and humiliation, failure and the unknown and death we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Who’s with me?

-Arnold J. Rimmer
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

Send a message via AIM to BigEvil

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Talk to Nobody.

BigEvil's MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil
We don't want to actually hurt you, we just want to mess with you a bit...
BigEvil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Evil God of Nogoodniks

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I should have probably put some more info in here. There are probably no other freestyles like mine. I have some one of a kind prototype internals that Greg made for me when he was still with ICD. I also have a custom NOX board that Rocky made for me at worldcup in 2004 while they were an ICD team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
I tech'd a gentleman's FS5 last year and it seemed to shoot good when it left my hands.
I have most of the o-rings needed to do a full rebuild myself and I have the time (right now).

However, there's another user on here and ICDO, maloneoni, who is a knowledgeable guy with Freestyles. If it's a manifold issue he might be able to help out by retapping those manifold screws.

I think Mal will eventually pop in the thread and give you his availability. Heck, I'd probably send my Freestyles to him if I was ever in a fix.

But also keep in mind how many dynamic seals there are in a Freestyle bolt system. They aren't efficient guns to start out with and a tiny leak from one of the bolt o-rings is really miniscule issue, given how many times you'll fill your tank in a day of play anyway.
I once replaced a bolt stem o-ring on my FSPro that wasn't leaking. (I'd read that it was better to have a urethane ring on there, so I swapped a urethane for a buna) It started leaking after I replaced that one o-ring. I went back and swapped another buna on there and presto, no more leak.

I realized that sometimes Freestyles are like Autocockers, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I used to be an ICD tech years ago, but I just don't have the time and space now. It also doesn't help I live in a downtown apartment with no fields nearby. I have pretty much all of the orings, even the PITA 006 ure for the valve pin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloneoni View Post
I have six freestyles, all within four feet of this computer that need work. I can't take any more work on until I get a few of these sorted out. I wish I could help.

Are there any leaks you can hear?
It used to leak from what appeared to be that PITA valve pin 006 ring, but I have changed that.
As of now, I don't hear anything. I thought I had it figured out a few months ago. So outside of swapping noids to check that, my only other real issue might be one of the regs.

I will try and air it up soon and see if I can't get a better idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
Talk to Nobody.
Roger

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 02-07-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Harbinger[TG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Talk to Tim Firpo at paintballtek.com. He's local to me, and very knowledgeable of pretty much any somewhat modern electro (or pump, or mech, etc).

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD