mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-31-2014, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

B2k2 tourney reconfigure

Hey guys I have a old bushmaster b2k2 that I would like to make tourney legal.
I have currently swapped the on/off switch out to make room for the battery to be above the trigger frame to accommodate a shocktech bushmaster board that is meant for a different version of bushmaster. the board does bring down the rof to around 13 but it is suppose to lower down to 7/8 and I cant get it to comply with the manual for the board. the alternate firing modes also do not function. I am thinking that this is because I do not have all the prongs from the board attached to the wiring harness.
So anyways should I try to get the wiring harness for different board and wire it into the frame or is there another way to get this gun tourney prepped. I can upload photos if needed.
nxt1playr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm sure someone will chime in on who did it but someone here sold his b2k with a pro master swap. Might be something to look into
SEFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt1playr View Post
Hey guys I have a old bushmaster b2k2 that I would like to make tourney legal.
I have currently swapped the on/off switch out to make room for the battery to be above the trigger frame to accommodate a shocktech bushmaster board that is meant for a different version of bushmaster. the board does bring down the rof to around 13 but it is suppose to lower down to 7/8 and I cant get it to comply with the manual for the board. the alternate firing modes also do not function. I am thinking that this is because I do not have all the prongs from the board attached to the wiring harness.
So anyways should I try to get the wiring harness for different board and wire it into the frame or is there another way to get this gun tourney prepped. I can upload photos if needed.
i answered the other post, but will do so here.

the Shocktech board is a semi only board. they removed the modes and gave it a increase on the MAX ROF of 66.6bps; hence the name of Shocktech 66.6 board. on the chip, you should see a ST written in pen/marker on the white label/black chip set.

pics to confirm.

now this is were it can get confusing.
1) is the board a 12 pin or 22 pin board? count the pins(even the missing one) to see which one it could be.
2) board orientation: this is important. the board won't work if its in any which way. looking at the board, so that you are looking at the chip and the dip switches, the harness goes onto it with the battery wires to the right. A) on a 12 pin, and B) on the 22 pin, you start on the left, and the battery wires are still to the right, but they are now in the middle.

but pics of the board and gun would be helpful. if the harness is trashed, then talk to me. i build new B2K harnesses.

also, does the gun have eyes? does it have the LCD board?

addendum
you can certainly swap out the board and the wiring. its not bad option, but the frame isn't kind to some boards, and there isn't a whole lot of room in the tray. which that, the Droid/Cyborg boards are the easiest and should offer the modern flexibility that you will need.

now if the gun isn't an LCD model, then you can easily swap in a Kila Drive board. the only thing you have to watch is the microswitch on the board. you basically have to 'tape it open' so that it doesn't press and give you an extra shot or at like the trigger is depressed and won't release.

again, i make harnesses and while i do custom frames, i can make you one that leaves just enough room for maneuvering but doesn't have the excess that just chews up space.

here is some of my work:

this is on one of my personal guns, a grey/red GS Frostbite. but ask around, there are plenty of people with B2Ks(and PMs, FSs and a Tribal) guns with my work and so far, i haven't had a problem with any of it.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I did get the board to cycle on the rof for the semi. It is a 22 pin board and I have a 12 pin harness on the marker.

Here is the manual I found for the board:
http://paintballgunmanuals.com/manua...LCD-Manual.pdf
Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

god, i hate how people just throw on a huge-assed on.off switch that they salvaged off a lamp and think that its an improvement.

now onto what you have.

1) the board is a ST board that is semi only. its not the 66.6 board, just an older LCD board(it doesn't matter). there are no modes on that board. you should be able to turn down the RoF to the field limit, but there is no modes, like PSP ramping and such.

2) the gun is blind, of course. its a B2K4, swoop body.

now, you can do a couple of things. if you want modes, the a Kila Drive board will be able to handle it, and you won't need change the harness.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok cool and yeah that switch is huge, but is was the only one could seem to find ATM for that hole in the side.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD