mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Noob Bait

It's great to hear there are some people with interests like mine that have held the torch for these markers. I remember with electros that the devil was in the details, so I anticipate needing some guidance. I've forgotten so much, from what I recall the prevailing wisdom was that the stock ICD regs left something to be desired, but it's great to see AKA and some others still making regs regardless.
Spoondogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

Yep. Aka regs >

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
After I found out I had a screw loose, he gave me a good short screw. Filled my hole completely.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yes, i personally prefer AKA regs, but the stock LPR isn't bad and doesn't need to be replaced. The HPR on the other hand, should be the first thing to be changed. But if you can find them, rock adapters are always the way to go.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Noob Bait

I'm hoping I can snag a Bonebrake bushy that I've had my eye on here in a week or so. It needs a new harness and I'm sure a little problem solving, but I'd be pretty happy in that case. Is it considered bad taste to alter the original ano of a marker like this? It's not a huge issue at all, but if I replace or upgrade enough parts it's going to look like frankenstein's monster. If I did get it anoed again I think I would do a splash, so it would be pretty ostentatious compared to the stock blasted silver. Just wanted to get a reading on what everyone thinks of things like this.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

It would be your gun, but as long as you don't hack up the body then it shouldn't matter. It would be nice to see a Bonebrake in something other than solid or acid washes. I have a raw BB body that i will be building up, so i will need anno when I'm done with it.

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Noob Bait

I could go on and on about what exactly I would ano it, but basically it would be a two color fade or a single solid color with a single color splash over it. I'm not much for aftermarket milling and whatnot, but even then I'd just buy another body and swap out the internals instead of cutting up a special factory body.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sounds good. On my body, i kinda want to hack it up, since i don't have the tray, but that project is dehind about 12 others i need to get to.

MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Old 06-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

I still have to go through all my pickups of b2k parts. I might have extra macdev lprs and valves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkson View Post
After I found out I had a screw loose, he gave me a good short screw. Filled my hole completely.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Noob Bait

This is what I'd be going for, but with a slight fade on the base layer. This is turquoise and gunmetal, so the gunmetal would fade from silver/gray in my idea. I also have a soft spot for bonsai splashes, so I still might go that route. Every bonsai splash I've seen uses greens that are way too dark in my opinion, so it might be cool to try a fluorescent slime/olive/white scheme.

[IMG][/IMG]
Photo courtesy of LaserMyGun.com

Last edited by Spoondogg; 06-25-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Noob Bait

Back on topic though, what regs work well with Bushmasters? I'm going to bank on AKA stuff as much as I can in that regard. What would I be looking at for bolt options? I would also need to source a 15* asa if they're still around. Thanks again for all the info guys, really helping me out here.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD