mcarterbrown.com

Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

So I picked up a mostly stock promaster

And looking around at ICDO and couple of peanut butternation threads, I've learned about the ram mod that is supposed to be for kick and I guess the lighter bolt and pin is supposed to be for speed. But since I can't wiggle my fingers fast enough to worry about shooting fast is there any real need for mods on the promaster that are neccessary or is a clamping feed neck and asa the only things I really need for a reasonable shooting promaster??

And any comments on alamocity icd products??

ICD Delrin Bolts and Accessories from Alamo City Paintball

thanks
Chance
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

I run mine stock except for a barrel. Went with the 14" Lapco snap-shot because it matched the gun perfectly. my halo fits the stock feed so I didnt change it but I put a lot of New Design ones on customers guns(they look like they were made for the gun.) My ASA is also New Design, again they look like they were made for the gun and they work great.
I have a rule, If it ain't broke don't upgrade it.

My team mate got a 07 Ego for Christmas and I can only hit 12 bps on that(I officially have the slowest fingers around) but when I shoot the Promaster in semi I can easily clear 15+. I know which gun I like better
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not a Furry

well it is coming with jj performance edge kit so I should be ok in the barrel department.

just wondering if this kick thing is as big of deal as some of the timmytots make it out to be??

I guess I can decide that for myself soo enough.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't find that there is any more kick then other guns. the complainers are probably 10 years with a 6 inch drop on the gun.

I had a customer put in the lightened hammer, then had to add a low pressure chamber to compensate for drop-off. I was never impressed by the way it shot.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think the Promaster has very little kick stock and I never saw the need to do anything about it. The only thing mine needed was a new hpr as the stock one spiked like crazy, no matter how many o-rings I replaced. Even the stock trigger is very nice. Wish I hadent sold mine, it was a very nice back up or even main gun.
Jari Kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

the only thing i think ICD guns lack is good regs(at least polish the inside) and a good valve(i love my empire) and a polished ram, if you do all of that...the gun really shines

if you can get the rammer from ICDU then do so a larger OD ram piston really helps smooth a cycle

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I had it on a remote once and that's the only time it seems to kick.

Other then that, once it's broken in, it doesn't kick all that much. I'd probably go for a new LPR and inline for it, the gun itself shouldn't be a heavy investment, considering ICD is out of the race and the gun is low priced as is, it's almost like selling an Upgraded spyder at this point. No matter how much you toss into it, it only goes so high.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

oh and i forgot.......just put in a lighter valve spring....i did that to my old 3rd gen B2k and polished the ram i got 1400 shots off of it....unheard of from a stock valve

and tune the gun for sound not psis.....i dont know forsure with the ram being different from a b2k but the valve and volumes are the same i think

so if you have a nice tight quiet pop your kick and efficiency should be nice

if you valve is open too long even by a tad with the b2ks youll suck air

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I used to deal with alamo city when I lived in Texas. Ron the owner is a great guy and very helpful. Loves to talk paintball and cockers. See if he still has the COKE cocker.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Not a Furry

well this is what I picked up off ebay, might not be the greatest deal in the world but seemed fair enough.

ICD Promaster w ups Vlocity Edge kit FREE SHIP - eBay (item 180201203463 end time Jan-04-08 07:58:40 PST)

I'll just have to get the gun and try it out myself to see if I want to do anything to it or not.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD