mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-19-2008, 11:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Drachen, VDub pretty well summed up my sentiments concerning the Promaster line!

I HATE HOSED SOLENOID SETUPS!

Now, mine ran fine, but i'm so sick of answering newbie questions that can almost always be traced to a hose/barb leak on the Promaster. It was a forced design from the start.

Heck, I even asked ICD to make a manifold based hose less Promaster ram that I still have. They couldn't mass produce because of the SP suit, but heck, if that wasn't the case the b2k series would have lived on a few more years....

Oh, and ICD regs did not perform admirably. The days were everybody upgraded regs is nearly through as quality has caught up with many producers. There are some very nice stock regs with markers nowadays. AKA really started the trend, followed by Dye with the hyper, etc....

Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not a Furry

Send a message via AIM to Clearush

I was just reading through the manual and, I'm guessing most of the reg problems for the ICD regs comes from people using a High pressure HPA bottle instead of the 400-500 psi Low pressure bottle that is recommended in the manual.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

nah........i got a lp out put tank...........regs stull sucked....hahahahaha

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah, HP/LP really does not make a difference with those regs. However, some of the ICD b2k4s and Promaster HPRs are decent, but the odds are against you.

If you are technically minded, you can modify the regs a bit to help out, especially the LPR, but there isn't much market in tinkering anymore with some decent regs for cheap currently available.

The Evil Detonator is the most touted in the HPR department, and there seems to be quite a few laying in warehouses currently.

Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

yeah polish out all the lathe lines in the reg housings

then grind out the area around the valve.....it allows more air to go though the reg.....if this was done stock there wouldnt be as much bad press against them as they do now

but the valve flow mod is not that easy to do.....not easy for production...but easy if you have a mill and a small end mill....just do a + and done

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD