mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

stock promaster regs

are they any good?

im looking for a cheaper setup for my GF to play with this summer, and while a promaster just isn't in my own idiom for a gun, i think it would be perfect for her. im just wondering how much i would have to sink into it to get it to perform decently.
Cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

A lot of people say they have problems with the regs but I run a stock Promaster and it performs flawlessly. I think people dont give the regs a chance to break in. I run all my Creeks with the stock regs. you might need to lube them when their new.
capitalpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalpaintball View Post
A lot of people say they have problems with the regs but I run a stock Promaster and it performs flawlessly. I think people dont give the regs a chance to break in. I run all my Creeks with the stock regs. you might need to lube them when their new.
I agree. Some have had probs and replaced the stock with a evil detonator (which can be found for 15-20)
stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

i kinda figured it might just the PBN kiddies zeal to replace everything on there gun with in many cases sub-stock performing parts and then sell them for high dollar.

either way, i get a half decent ANS reg in the gearbag i can toss on there if it gives me any trouble.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Check out the stock reg first, then move on if it gives you trouble. If new, it has likely been on the shelf awhile, so I would tear down and lube the stock reg before heading out. Promaster regs where a bit better than the older BKO/B2k series regulators.

I run AKA regs on most of my ICD electros, just because I have them and my older BKO, Bushy regs were horrid. I do have one evil detonator on a BKO that does not give me any problems. They are a bit more tedious to tear down and relube, but for the price/performance it is hard to beat. Of course, a BKO maxes out at 18cps, but i'm never that high to notice a drop-off in performance anyhow.

Again, in the higher price range i have AKA 2-Liters/ Sidewinders and have always loved their performance, ease of use, maintenance, etc....

Oh, and since your coming from the cocker world as your avatar alludes, I would rather have an old school Ergo than an ANS. I've got an Ergo on my old M98 from years ago that performed just fine.

Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

yeah, WGP regs have always been good to me too. i guess thats why all they ever do is change the external milling on them. you can usually find them cheap too.

i think im leaning toward this very nice 05 cyborg instead. about twice the price, but alot more "me" than a promaster.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nothing wrong with Cyborg's. If i'm not mistaken, I believe the 2005 year the Cyborg design was still nothing more than a play on the ICD Bushmaster stacked tube design. Very, Very similar.

I'm more of a bushy guy myself, I no longer own any promasters. Sold my BkoMaster, and kept one BKO, rest of my electros are bushies.

Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
If you don't mind me butting into this thread, why do you prefer Bushmasters over Promasters, BKO's, and the rest?
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
ICD-O Boss

for me, the b2k platform is perfect in several ways.
1) it was the platform that many ram driven poppet valve markers came from
2) now they can be had uber-cheap
3) manifold > hoses
4) air returned ram allows more customization options over spring returned. Plus being a bit quicker, cyclicly.
5) Some B2k milling is so much prettier than anything else out there (Shocktech, GS, Venom, Vapor especially)
6) oh, and it's what I have available. :P
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via ICQ to pump Send a message via AIM to pump Send a message via MSN to pump Send a message via Yahoo to pump

i dont know about the PM regs...but if ICD didnt change the design since the B2K4......i can say with all certainty that THEY SUCK

if you polish them and also mod the valve on off seal for higher flow they work good...almost great

but their LPR reg design hasnt changed since the original Bob Long reg.....damn crap

Autotriggers For Sale
pump is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD