mcarterbrown.com  

Old 11-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

New to BKOs (and electros, in general)

I've never been a huge fan of electros, and have often voiced my opinion that the only place a battery belongs on a paintball gun is in the hopper, but I have always been an admirer of ICD's products. Clean designs, high-quality machining and construction, durability and a reputation for good customer service, etc. Anyway, I'd been close to buying B2Ks or BKOs in the past, but the deals never worked out, until Wednesday night when I caught this one on eBay with zero bids and 5 minutes left.

The price seemed right, so I jumped on it and figured I'd come up with some way to replenish my PayPal account later. I figure this one can share the black Fatty Stab that's on my 2k Cocker (I doubt I'll use both at the same time), and I think this is a 2k4, which should be 'Cocker threaded, so I've got a couple nice PPS barrels to use with it.

So, anyway, to the point, since I'm new to these, anyone have any tips or advice? I've already thought of and looked for a Rock LPR adapter (since I've also got a nice nickel micro-rock sitting around idle), but can't seem to find them anywhere. However, I really don't want to put money into this if I can avoid it. To that end, how good or bad is the stock LPR? I'm sure a Rock will probably improve the consistency, but since I'm usually stuck using crappy field paint, any improvement will hardly be noticed. Also, how efficient are these things in stock form? I've heard everything from half-a-case to a case-and-a-half on a 68/4500 tank. I know efficiency will vary based on environment, paint, etc, but there's gotta be some kind of consistent baseline. Lastly, how do they handle CO2? I'll probably not even try it except in warm weather, when the CO2 should stay in gas form and the Fatty should keep any liquid out, but I'd think I'll get more mileage from CO2 due to the expansion factor.

-chad

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

They don't like CO2 very much. Only the older ICD/Line SI Guns really take to Co2, Not even the Desert Fox likes CO2. Since your pondering running Dual Stabalizers, you should be fine. Antisiphon your CO2 tank, and you should be able to play even in moderatly cold weather.
Headshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
With CO2, it might work for awhile, but you are running the serious risk of frying the thing so I wouldn't if I were you for paranoia's sake. Nice score.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Zenitram and Vaporworks used to make rock lpr adapters, but I think you'd have to find someone selling them used at this point. Maybe palmer has an adapter available.
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Bah, using Co2 with a fatty stab and an anti-siphon tank, your fine. We used to run B2K's on CO2 using a AA Vigilante'. If you have duals, its that much better.

Bko's are nice little guns for the price. It looks like yours is cocker threaded. Mine with the same milling is cocker threaded. I wouldnt worry about changing the LPR, the stock ones work fine, unless you wanna be anal about it....lol.

Remember, if its giving you fits, ALWAYS try a fresh battery. Dont now how many electro's I "fixed" by doing this. BKOs can gave a lil bit of a bouncey trigger, so make sure you have a decent loader on it. Not talking Halo or Egg2, just a good revy, or reloader will suffice.

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Thanks for the info. Like I said, I'll probably only use CO2 in warmer weather for big games or scenarios when I either don't want the bulk and weight of my HPA tank or need to go a long time without a fill. And I was planning just the fatty and an anti-siphon tank, unless I can find a good deal on a female stab as well.

I've got a couple Ricochet 2Ks and a X-boarded Revvy, so I'm sure one of those will be fine. I actually want to set the trigger up a little heavy, which will hopefully revent some of bounce. One thing I can't stand about electros is the lack of feedback in the trigger. I want it to feel like pulling a trigger, not clicking a mouse.

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

90% of all gun issues with electros can be fixed with a new battery. I love going onto Nation and finding people confused as hell about needing a battery.
Headshotted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ICD