mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-12-2011, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Thumbs up Buy a new or newer spyder

I'm looking to pick up a semi and I cant decide between a RS/VS2 or the newer spyder electra. Anyone shoot one of the new electras? How do they compare to the older RS?
Bubkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

They all have regulators so they all perform more or less the same. Spyders haven't changed all that much. I assume this is the spyder you're talking about.

Spyder Electra Paintball Gun - Black

Personally, I wouldn't opt for anything spyder, they're a bit outdated unless you're paying under 100 for an electronic one...check out the Azodin guns, they're essentially more refined blowback markers, not to mention you don't have to constantly rely on the 9.6v rechargables.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pumps in the Woods

Brass N Wood Fan
if you can find them the spyder rts are pretty fun. I personally like the idea of the rocking trigger. but i also agree with express, I'd stay away from them. like he said the azodins are as far as i know better in most areas compared to spyder.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Make (your attacker) advance through a wall of bullets. I may get killed with my own gun, but he’s gonna have to beat me to death with it, ‘cause it’s going to be empty." Clint Smith

volunteer paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
The new spyders are too common to be much fun for me... Although all the new ones shoot better than the old ones, you can't go wrong with rocking an EM1 or an AMG.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
Personally, I wouldn't opt for anything spyder, they're a bit outdated unless you're paying under 100 for an electronic one...check out the Azodin guns, they're essentially more refined blowback markers, not to mention you don't have to constantly rely on the 9.6v rechargables.
I have an electra that I got cheap a while back, it came only needing a reg, and an ASA, and since I had a dead on sidewinder knockoff and a nice drop forward sitting unused I snagged it.
Its nice, I've tested its various modes for ramping and what not very easy to switch things up.
I've Never used a rechargeable battery in it, just walgreens brand alkalines.

I should also mention I've only fired it over a chronograph and never actually used it in a game yet. Only because I haven't come across the need for a higher rate of fire than what my single trigger micro/automags provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

the newer spyders are shortened. my amg weighs like a brick compared to my current gen electra.

batts and charger sold separately now though. $20 if you look around.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I got to use a new electra two weeks ago and I was very impressed with it. Nice On/Off ASA, decent regs for a kingman, good feednecks, good triggers, decent boards, nice barrels. Nice guns for the price.

I'll tell you what though. They are LOUD guns! STBB's make nice mechs, but when you put an electronic package on it they are louder than heck. I'd look at Azodin's line. Basically the same gun, but quieter and uses better stock hard parts.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa View Post
I got to use a new electra two weeks ago and I was very impressed with it. Nice On/Off ASA, decent regs for a kingman, good feednecks, good triggers, decent boards, nice barrels. Nice guns for the price.

I'll tell you what though. They are LOUD guns! STBB's make nice mechs, but when you put an electronic package on it they are louder than heck. I'd look at Azodin's line. Basically the same gun, but quieter and uses better stock hard parts.
I doubt it is electronics that makes it loud, mech or electric shouldn't make a difference with noise.

Feedback +27|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Bigballa, you make "Loud" sound like a bad trait.

and I'd have to agree with Shadow772, its sound profile is more closely related to operating pressure, barrel, and hammer weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
I doubt it is electronics that makes it loud, mech or electric shouldn't make a difference with noise.
With a mech it's just not as fast so it doesn't seem as loud. Just something I've observed.

The Azodins have way lighter hammers so it might just be me, but it seems quieter.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman