mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scientist

If I might ask where did you get your Alamo City hammer? I'm trying to find one, I emailed them with the contact info from a cached page of their website but have gotten no response.

Edit: got the contact info for someone at alamo city from another thread. Pm me if anybody needs/wants it.

Last edited by joe815; 02-03-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: quesntio answered elsewhere
joe815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

the problem is the lighter hammer is not striking the Valve hard enough now to fully re-cock.
Two options -
1. Lower input pressure further to reduce pressure on the valve ... this will work to a point as you'll end up running into flow issues which will require further mods to the valve and internals.
2. Increase spring pressure with a harder spring (from spring kit). again this is diminishing returns as more spring pressure will eventually cause further re-cocking issues.

The best option ... reduce valve pressure with lighter valve spring (buy a spring kit) and reduced input pressure to ~300psi, start with the lightest valve spring and a stock mainspring. Drill V/A for more flow (~3/16" diameter from VA to LPC and from LPC to Valve).
Start chrono'ing and tuning with the spring kit as you go. A 300-350psi spyder is not uncommon with the right mods. It just takes the time to properly tune the marker after mods ... there is no real bolt and go here, especially when you added so many parts at once.
I have no life, I'm just a dad in constant flux between baby naps and 8yr old tantrums.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman