mcarterbrown.com

Old 12-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Spyder Compact Upgrades?

Just picked up an old spyder compact deluxe....was the first gun I ever had and found someone selling one in new condition for cheap so had to get it. So, im considering holding off buying a mag for awhile and using this as my final battle marker (normally shoot a phantom) but I want to get it to shoot as good as a sub-$50 gun possibly can. The only upgrade part I could find still around are the Derlin bolts, and the 7-hole bolts...which ones better? Should I get a hammerhead barrel or can anyone recommend something? Just want it to shoot as consistent and accurate as possible. so barrel, bolt, expansion chamber/regulator? I do have an old ESP grip I could put on it but not sure if I really want to do electro.
BlindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to stupiddogg Send a message via Skype™ to stupiddogg

go open faced bolt, open your air passages for flow, get a good spring combo and paint to barrel match and go play!

stupiddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

I run the Freak barrels on all my Spyders & can be had for cheap. Keep an eye on the frame if it's the old plastic version. There prone to cracking at the mounting holes & thru pins. I'm also fond of the O-ringed Orange bolts. Work great & can be found pretty cheap to.
Unconscious Competent: Eventually, after enough practice, the given task will become second nature and it will no longer feel "uncomfortable".

Yomama101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

A spring kit, tighter bore barrel and maybe an expansion chamber if you're still using CO2. I wouldn't even bother with a barrel kit for a unregulated spyder.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anyone have links to stuff I should get, found the derlin bolts on ebay and a blue bolt but thats about it. Should I try the esp triggerframe or where could I get a better metal frame for it? I have a PPS fatty stabilizer I was thinking about using but how would it do with that?
BlindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up

Here is a link to Otter's Info. A wealth of knowledge & hop-up info for Spyders.
A fatty is overkill but if you have it, use it. Boblong makes a nice metal frame but if yours is metal with a single or double trigger there pretty much bullet-proof.

OtterSC Customs
Unconscious Competent: Eventually, after enough practice, the given task will become second nature and it will no longer feel "uncomfortable".

Yomama101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Nice topic. Thinking along the same lines as Blindsight Exactly what I have ben looking for. Just had sugery on my spine and wont be able to play for another year. So I thought a new FrankenMarker needs to be created. I have a nice clean Spyder Compact (insert EVIL laugh here).

Last edited by Solocrosser357; 02-22-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Solocrosser357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scientist

One thing I'm thinking about trying with my compact is getting a trilogy LPR adapter with a ram mount on it and seeing if I can lighten the bolt and striker enough to hook the RAM to the striker through the compacts side slot. I don't know how I'm gonna get the timing right though. Auto cockers are still somewhat of a mystery to me.
joe815 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman