mcarterbrown.com

Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
the copper disk WILL come out with a little brute force. I've done it many times. A nail and hammer work best.

As for the o-ring, i'll send ya one free if you PM me your address, as you are a green member. Membership has it's benefits!

If you are planning to do alot of spyders, I have a o-ring master rebuild kit for spyder I'd be willing to sell.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tuning up the armory

I'll have to get the go-ahead from my friend before I break the disk out with a hammer and a nail. As for the o-ring that would be great. I bought a single o-ring rebuild kit already for this project. (Didn't come with a o-ring for a fatty hammer though). Hopefully I won't have to work on a spyder again for a while.
Folken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
ex-cyborg

Send a message via Yahoo to melkson

Brass N Wood Fan
ok i'll get it out to ya Monday if I can. I bought the rebuild kit for a local church groups aging spyder fleet. Worked on them all summer (Thank you members that donated parts for them) and then the next year they decided paintball was 'too dangerous' and they no longer play. I still get alot of mileage from having all the weird sized o-rings.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tuning up the armory

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this will fix it.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not A Noob!

i know this about 2 months old, but if you didnt get it fixed yet...check the sear, it is possible that the sear is worn and wont catch on the striker anymore. worth a look.
04 SF Pro Stock
03 Yakuza Outkast
c.shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Spyder Elite is what model it looks like to me.. It dose use a RED oring on the lower hammer... a tank o ring fits but dose not work...lol... Most newer spyder o ring kits will use a tank o ring instead of a red o ring...
Jebs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folken View Post
I'll have to get the go-ahead from my friend before I break the disk out with a hammer and a nail. As for the o-ring that would be great. I bought a single o-ring rebuild kit already for this project. (Didn't come with a o-ring for a fatty hammer though). Hopefully I won't have to work on a spyder again for a while.
why don't you just unscrew the expansion chamber and put your tank into that opening? that would bypass the whole duckbill asa and its filter.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tuning up the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
why don't you just unscrew the expansion chamber and put your tank into that opening? that would bypass the whole duckbill asa and its filter.
Did that and it still didn't work. Still waiting to hear back from melkson about possibly getting a red o-ring.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #19 (permalink)

Hmm. I work on STBB's all the time. Here's some stuff to do.

First, order a new spring guide, or borrow one from another marker. They sell for a few dollars on eBay. This part is quite necessary. If need be, you could probably make one from a dowel, delrin rod, round headed bolt, or something similar. Also, order a new striker o-ring. Rumor has it it's a 016. Buna should work fine. These can be bought on eBay (look for "spyder fat striker o-ring") or on McMaster-Carr.

When your parts arrive...

Remove the grip frame from the marker, and remove the back caps, main spring, striker, and bolt.

Clean the bolt and striker off, and clean inside the body. There should be no residue on any of these surfaces.

Replace the striker o-ring.

Check the hammer and sear for wear again. The edges where they interact should be sharp, and not rounded off at all.

Check the sear spring, make sure it's working and strong enough to pop the sear back up in time to catch the striker. If you have another STBB to compare it to, do so. (I would suspect this would result in bursts rather than sustained burping)

Check/Replace any o-rings on the bolt. As far as I know, they should be a 015. I think a tank o-ring would work for this.

Lubricate lightly with some sort of oil -- no grease or "lube", and nothing aerosol. Tippmann recommends Hoppes #9, Brass Eagle used to suggest mineral oil. Air tool oil and automatic transmission fluid have also been used with fine results.

Reassemble according to your assembly diagram, making sure the grip frame screws are quite tight.

Screw the velocity adjuster halfway in and see if the marker works at that point.

Hopefully that helps...
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

I am pretty sure the oring you need is a 016 size with a drometer of 90. If you were not in Canada I would suggest buying a box from mcmaster but you should be able to find what your looking for somewhere in the great white north.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman