mcarterbrown.com

Old 09-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

What's it worth - Spyder Shutter Java Edition

A coworker gave this to me (Hooray for free markers)...and I don't expect it to be worth more than a couple bucks, but I never followed Spyder products so I was hoping someone could shed a bit of light on it for me.

MCB Feedback
JesterTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

$45 maybe? They're nice, but still plentiful enough to fall into the just-another-blowback category. Might be more if it was new in box.

Nice marker though. Just be careful of stripping out dropforward/regulator screws. They're difficult to source.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

$40-60 depending on condition. Great marker for beginners.....shoots good, easy to maintain, has a good amount of options on it (gauge, expansion chamber etc). Personally, I think they are one of the best Spyder markers on the market.

Blue is a very common color. Red and black are a lot less common to find...and a lot better looking, at least to me.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

The blue and red were the Shutter's original colors and the black and purple followed about a year and half later as part of Kingman's "Java" special edition line.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Good markers, too bad the Java editions really did nothing to separate themselves apart from the regular edition markers. Case in point, I own a Java edition Compact and without the Java etching/lasering on SOME of the parts you would think it was a regular Compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Good markers, too bad the Java editions really did nothing to separate themselves apart from the regular edition markers. Case in point, I own a Java edition Compact and without the Java etching/lasering on SOME of the parts you would think it was a regular Compact.
For the shutters, the java grips were much more comfortable than the stock ones. That was about it. I can't remember if the barrels were different either
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman