mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #351 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I didn't notice much of a difference at all
way to rain on my parade

No I realize its not the best ever heck if I really look at it objectively I would call it about on par with other "rain covers" I have seen over the years, but for the amount of time it took and the fact it was made with parts from the scrap bin I am happy enough with it. I am sure that Alpha's rain cover would be a vast improvement but I would not use it on anything else and I could not justify buying one since it cost just about as much as the gun (I think dont remember his prices off hand)

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #352 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sorry man wasn't trying to do that at all. Was just stating my observation. If it makes you feel better I was just speaking with a certain somebody who makes "raincovers" and just tested it with the hammer and they said that it does indeed work however the hammer has a boatload of mechanical noise. It may be that that's what I'm hearing.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #353 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was just messing with you it does not translate well to text.

I think your right though even if the shot was silent out the barrel you still got that giant brass hammer slamming around in the body

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #354 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I could definitely tell a difference. It's probably harder to muffle a marker that runs on 800psi compared one that runs on 300 psi.

There is, though, that video of the suppressed Phantom. It's got a pretty large diameter suppressor, but the only thing you can hear on camera is the ball coming past you.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #355 (permalink)
Post Whore

Anyone ever check that oil filter suppression mod?
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #356 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Anyone ever check that oil filter suppression mod?
Only problem is with a real firearm, the first shot is used to make a hole. For us, a really pricey barrel bag.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #357 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd10684 View Post
way to rain on my parade

No I realize its not the best ever heck if I really look at it objectively I would call it about on par with other "rain covers" I have seen over the years, but for the amount of time it took and the fact it was made with parts from the scrap bin I am happy enough with it. I am sure that Alpha's rain cover would be a vast improvement but I would not use it on anything else and I could not justify buying one since it cost just about as much as the gun (I think dont remember his prices off hand)
It's basically impossible to measure decibels off of video. Video cameras adjust volume dynamically besides not accurately recording sound in the first place.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #358 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
It's basically impossible to measure decibels off of video. Video cameras adjust volume dynamically besides not accurately recording sound in the first place.
This :

To really tell the difference you need a better audio recording rig than what 99% of non-professional video cameras have built in. Would be better to have the camera framed with a decibel meter in the foreground and the shooter in the background so you can see the results since hearing them will be hit or miss with a camera mic.

In fairness though, I could still tell a difference. The "crack" was much less pronounced with the raincover on vs. off.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #359 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
Only problem is with a real firearm, the first shot is used to make a hole. For us, a really pricey barrel bag.
We could drill it I guess?
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #360 (permalink)

Ok guys i have a problem. Ive brought trowels l96, of course it has to be used with a feed line which im not to keen so so i have been wrapping my brain to try and find a solution to this and i think i have found it.But it requires summet i have seen yet, on the tracer when you put the air directly on the back of the marker, it comes out at a slight angle, now i need the air to come out completely straight, has anyone seen this done? Could it be done? Has anyone got an idea to how this could be possible?Ive mocked up (with a hammer 7 but concept is the same) how and where the air bottle would sit on my l96, making it completely contained.Ive heard all the "stocks dont work, bottle out the back of the gun dont work blah blah blah" im not interested lol this is how i need this marker to be. This is my novelty marker i used when i ant abit of fun.Let me know thoughts, ideas, and potencial problems guys.Thanks

super trowel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman