mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #381 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think the brittle paint thing is the detents and the high op pressure
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #382 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
And the ****ty paint at this event..

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #383 (permalink)
Post Whore

That sucks man, what is with fields not giving it the OK?

The ASTM says it's OK, granted they don't make the law, but what they decide tends to govern what your insurance will allow. I mean, chrono it like it's anything else and you should be OK. If it's an FPO game they should be fine with you buying it at the proshop; it's much pricier than paint and most places can't get rid of it and are happy to sell.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #384 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Because after using over 20 years of Nelson Mojo I can't get it to hold air.

*edit:
I refuse to pay for parts, or pay shipping for service, or pay for the service itself on a marker that was dead on arrival. Nothing against those who received a functional marker and enjoy it, but I can't rationalize putting any more money into a leaky marker with a screwy frame and a nonfunctional spring return just to get it to hold air - then it's nonleaky marker with a screwy frame and a nonfunctional spring return, and it costs (at the very least) $25 more than the MSRP.
My first cup seal worked for 2 mags. There was a spare in my Baggie of parts that came with it though.

My frame came off center when I was messing around with it, it didn't eject mags properly. Loosening the frame bolts while pushing back on the barrel and tightening the bolts fixed it.

My only gripe with mine is that 12ies are useless. 15 shots isn't enough to make it worth using with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #385 (permalink)
Post Whore

My guess is with fields not allowing it that many local scenarios to me have been written from thr ground uo to sell paint. Fsr change the flow of battle. Making it harder for fields to design their scenarios to be notjing more than prolonged shootouts where all you get is people wasting paint. The only scenario field around here that doesnt do that would be like oxcc but them they sell fsr so theree your evidence lol
Aka "wagz" on the field
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #386 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
I should also add that the first detent was totally shot, allowin double feeds. All the time. I swapped the position of the detents, and that helped. But it didn't come with spare detents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #387 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pif View Post
My first cup seal worked for 2 mags. There was a spare in my Baggie of parts that came with it though.
The valve seat in mine is dead methinks. I've tried several brands and styles of cup seal made from various materials, I've tried lightly polishing the valve face to get it to seat correctly (after fiddling with cupseals I looked closely and fount it was covered in light corrosion), I've tried lubrication, etc. It's a wallhanger that costs 10% of my other "real" wallhangers.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #388 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

AKA Fan
Does anyone know if the old spyder feednecks (like this: RAP4 Spyder Clamping Feed Neck - Holes - Black ) will fit on the H7 for sure? I have seen posts where people think they will but I was just wondering if anyone has actually done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Aggroman saves the day!
Now he's goin' street ridin'!
aggroman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #389 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock_averill View Post
Does anyone know if the old spyder feednecks (like this: RAP4 Spyder Clamping Feed Neck - Holes - Black ) will fit on the H7 for sure? I have seen posts where people think they will but I was just wondering if anyone has actually done it.
Tried one,wouldnt work without a few mods to it
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #390 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock_averill View Post
I moved mine straight from my old Spyder and it worked like a charm. Not sure how you would have to make any mods to it. (other than use hex screws b/c its just such an awesome design, but you have that either way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Tried one,wouldnt work without a few mods to it
Don't listen to him.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman