mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is the valve nut & valve seat the same thing? If so, yes. I had to drill the hole out with a 19/64" bit and filed it smooth.

To note, drilling the hole was necessary to fit the Trracer power tube. The Trracers tubing where it goes through the valve seat it wider than the .249" noted above. I have no idea what the ranger PT's od is. It wasn't hard to drill the valve seat in the drill press if it is neccassary for you to do. Making the seat area of the valve seat was a bit of a pain, however.

Also to note, the Trracer PT is a little shorter than the original Hammer PT. The Traccer still protudes into the TCP, so hopefully all is well. We'll see tomorrow.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yes the ranger pt was a little wider OD than the trracer pt. However it still fit through the valve nut hole. Are the threads on the nut the same. If so u could just swap the two I'd imagine. My intentions are to swap the powertube. In my opinion some if the issues folks are having are due to the pt and cup seal. Easily solved just by swapping the pt. The hammer is a 6x32 I believe and the trracer is a 8x32.the one benefit of the hammer is is compatible with phantom pts provided the nut fits them.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Are the threads on the valve seat the same? No. The Hammer's threads are much wider and more coarse than the Traccer's seat.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

I didn't keep my Phantom very long; but the power tube in the Phantom is a bit shorter than either the Hammer or Trracer's power tubes. Breech drop, bore drop thing. I'm not sure that this makes a big difference swapping Phantom power tubes in.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ok. I fired 8 rounds out of the Hammer, using a single 12g...

...and the one round that didn't turn into soup shot out like a scalded dog running towards water. This thing is VIOLENT!!! It sounds like a shotgun, not a paintball gun.

Sooo. Now that I am beyond returning this to the original power tube, what is my next step? I'm currently using the Hammer's main spring and a chopped down blue valve spring. Conventional wisdom is to up the valve pressure, and decrease the main pressure, correct? I have read a little here on using big PT's for low pressure use. Maybe a reg would be a good idea; but at what point? Do I try one now to decrease the pressure, or work on the springs first?

C'mon Keebler, I need your wisdom here, buddy!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oh no not my wisdom there none to be shared lol certainly much smarter folks then I. But I'll try my best to help as I've bought the same marker you have and intend to do many if the same things your doing so my guess is we are in this together.

So you've increased pt I'D and have gotten a soup gun.
Can't be pt length as the trracer is short correct? And that would work in the opposit
I imagine you swapped the cup seal to match or not I forgot?
Well I can tell you that the hammer main spring is a good deal harder than he trracer main and he trracer main is harder than a red maddman.
So yeah it could be possible you have to drop down in spring strengths
Regging might work just as well. But if your looking for a cheap alternate try the springs first.
The hammer spring is longer than standard Nelson springs so you might have to stretch it.
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'll give the Trracer spring a shot first. I have a couple of stabs lying around, so it won't be a problem to add one just to check the effects. I'm mainly hoping to hear that I have not gone beyond the point of being able to detune. I feel like I big block'd a Civic.

The Traccer's PT is shorter than the Hammer by about 1/8"-1/4". Never measured the length, probably due to a natural tendancy to be lazy. With the TPC as far back as I figured I could get it safely (the leading edge of the lip creating the o-ring land is on the edge of the bolt's pump arm screw hole), the Traccer PT still protrudes into the TPC. Watching the PT enter into the TPC, I figure there's about 3/16" overlap with the bolt closed.

Cup seal was changed to the Traccer's cup seal.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hey Dan do you think you can find out the stock hammer valve nut thread type? Being as how there have been other spyder Nelsons in the past you and I may be able to find an older matching thread type on bacci. Perhaps one with a wider id
Aka "wagz" on the field
Old 01-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

Eef! I don't know how to find that out. Lou?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

Keebler, do you have access to a grinder? I can explain how I was able to grind the stock Hammer valve nut to work when I get off work.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman