mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #531 (permalink)

Does the hammer 7 have any chopping/loading issues with first strike rounds? Also if anyone has any idea what kind of consistency they are getting with FSR's that would help also. I want to build a custom version for FSR only.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:20 AM   #532 (permalink)

Has anyone done any mods to the internals of the hammer 7 to get a lower operating pressure. Is there any possible way to do that?
zunkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #533 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkted View Post
Has anyone done any mods to the internals of the hammer 7 to get a lower operating pressure. Is there any possible way to do that?
Mine is setup at about 500 psi. I replaced the valve spring with a weaker, but longer spring. The idea being to maintain some of the seal pressure but not increase the force on the open valve as much as the stock spring. That let me back the velocity adjuster out. You can't back it out all of the way though. The adjuster sleeve can clear the end of the power tube and let the gas out of the side, lowering the velocity drastically.

I also drilled two more gas ports on either side of the existing port in the ASA, so that the CO2 could get from the top of the ergo reg to the valve better. I ended up filing out the walls between those holes so that it is kind of a ^ shaped hole now.

Run your fingernail down the power tube. Mine had some turning marks in it that I polished out.

I know it does 2 mags per 12g, which is the only way I have it setup. I need to get some good .686 round ball and see how many shots it will do. FSRs are always worth changing 12gs, and not good for efficiency testing.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #534 (permalink)

Sweet, thanks for the info. Do you by any chance remember what spring you used? This is my first pump ever and i don't really get how the nelson style pumps work but do you think that it is possible to get it any lower than 500 psi? Did it quiet it down any?
zunkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #535 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkted View Post
Sweet, thanks for the info. Do you by any chance remember what spring you used? This is my first pump ever and i don't really get how the nelson style pumps work but do you think that it is possible to get it any lower than 500 psi? Did it quiet it down any?
I didn't shoot it enough stock to check the sound difference. It is intended for large battle harassment, not so much stalking and sniping.

Sorry, that spring was probably part of spyder spring kit. It felt significantly weaker, so I didn't cut it as short as the stock spring.

This is also 500 on CO2, so you may have to go higher with HPA. To go lower, I think I would change out the internals and see if dukie (or someone) had a valve body that I could drill out more. There's not a lot of volume in there and that port is small to try and push through more gas.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #536 (permalink)

Hammer7.... Changing the magwell

I've seen multiple mods where peopel have modded their Hammer7's to accept DAM mags and Dmags, but has anyone modded their magwell to use TiPX mags? Granted, you would have to load the mag backwards which would mean no FSR's, but for the way I'm going to be setting up my Hammer7 that isn't that big of a deal.
Epsidufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #537 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I think the problem with that would be having a ready made magwell to mod. You'd have to start from scratch. I don't see a reason to go from the stock mag to the tipx mag though, what are you gaining? I went with the dam mags because they hold twice as many rounds and are half the price. They are also easier to load into the magwell than the stock.
aggroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:07 PM   #538 (permalink)

Has anyone figured out a decent "quick change" between hopper and mag fed?
gstein42 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman