mcarterbrown.com

Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Spyder clone question

I have a Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet that I have been tinkering with. I removed the electronic frame and put a single trigger mechanical on it. I also removed the stock reg/expansion chamber and put a WGP reg on it. I checked the reg and it is putting about 800psi out. That is maxed out though.

I was having issues getting it to reach 280+ fps, so I purchased a spring kit for the marker and replaced the front spring. Still having issues, so I replaced the main spring with the stiffest one in the kit. Still low FPS issues. I realized the barrel was huge, so I got a Freak back and used the proper sized back and got it up to 280, but barely.

Couple of other issues, with the stronger spring, this thing is REALLY hard to cock. And having it maxed out and only shooting approx 280 leaves me with little fine tuning room. Also, I am noticing the FPS are all over the place. They may max around 280-290, but from shot to shot, they will fluctuate 30fps at times.

Thoughts? I did at one point even just hook the tank up directly to the asa and still did not get any real improvement in FPS.

Last edited by OPBN; 01-24-2013 at 10:48 AM.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Radical!

Higher flowing valve could help.

What's the output of your air tank? Or are you using co2?
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Used multiple tanks with little difference. Last one I tried had an SHP regulator on it putting out 1100psi. I tried CO2 as well with no difference really.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

You could have a flow restriction between the tank reg and your valve. You can remove any brass filters and drill the passages larger, I've had some success with doing this.
Tygen1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman