mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

magazine not feeding constantly for Hammer 7

So i was test shooting my hammer 7 using first strike and noticed that sometimes the magazine will not fed all the time, i will get one or two black shots and have to move the spring down and release it to get it to fed properly. Also tested this with redemption paintballs and had the same issue. Any one else experience this?

Also sighted in my scope with the FS and the Hammer 7 is pretty accurate!

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
So i was test shooting my hammer 7 using first strike and noticed that sometimes the magazine will not fed all the time, i will get one or two black shots and have to move the spring down and release it to get it to fed properly. Also tested this with redemption paintballs and had the same issue. Any one else experience this?

Also sighted in my scope with the FS and the Hammer 7 is pretty accurate!
I did notice with FS's I don't load it fully, I leave 1 FS gap in the clip and that seemed to stop the feeding issue. I haven't had a issue with regular paintballs and your absolutely right about the accuracy it takes a little time to get use to the flat trajectory of the FS but after you can shoot people across the field no problem!

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

It would happen when there would be about 4 FS left or 4 paintballs left in the magazine.

PBN Feedback
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Try running the follower up and down in that spot with the mag out of the gun and no balls loaded and see if you can feel it hanging up on anything. While the build quality of the mags seems pretty good there's nothing saying there couldn't be some casting flash or something on the inside that might be catching the follower and causing it to drag.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Try running the follower up and down in that spot with the mag out of the gun and no balls loaded and see if you can feel it hanging up on anything. While the build quality of the mags seems pretty good there's nothing saying there couldn't be some casting flash or something on the inside that might be catching the follower and causing it to drag.
Good idea especially paint or dirt will make it hang up. It could be your spring is too soft also but I bet there's something getting in the way. You can always stretch the spring a little to get some tension back too(not the correct way to fix it but it will work as a quick fix)lmk what you discover.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think i may have found out why, i think the detent that holds the paint in so it just does not fall out was not getting depressed all the way, moving the mag forward would depress it all the way, while in the normal position it would stick out slightly. I just sanded off a little on the detent so the FS or paint won't get stuck on it.
I did check the follower and it seems to move freely all the way up.

PBN Feedback
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
I think i may have found out why, i think the detent that holds the paint in so it just does not fall out was not getting depressed all the way, moving the mag forward would depress it all the way, while in the normal position it would stick out slightly. I just sanded off a little on the detent so the FS or paint won't get stuck on it.
I did check the follower and it seems to move freely all the way up.

I'm going to check on that, as I have also had this issue several times with the mag that came with the gun. The last time it happened, I pulled the follower all the way down and let it go. Not the smartest idea. When the paintballs moved, it was more toward the outward variety rather than straight up.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spyder

I'll have someone put some random mags through testing to see if we can duplicate it. if i can find something out i will report back to you guys.

Lou
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thanks Lou, I wasn't shooting real fast as I was sighting in my scope. I think it may be the nub on the front fs getting caught

PBN Feedback
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Check your pump rod&bolt spacing,I had problems at 1st also but moved the pumprod in a tiny bit,seemed to eliminate the problem.A few FS I had were old and givin to me,they had alot of burs on fins and nose.I used a Freak insert to check the bolt spacing and feedneck&hopper alignment,they were slightly off,I think it was probably a result of coating on metal(powdercoating?),dremmeled a tiny bit off to make it align
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman