mcarterbrown.com

Old 02-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Y U NO MR5 Barrel Adapter Love?

This is more towards our local friendly Spyder rep: lmartin.

Any reason for the MR5 not getting the same barrel adapter love like the Hammer 7? It would be awesome to have a barrel adapter that would let me use Autococker barrels in the MR5.

I do have to say, the MR5 stock barrel is probably one of the best under mech marker gun barrels I've seen to date. Tippmann and even Tiberius stock barrels are no where near as polished!
CovertRssian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Spyder

We designed the MRX/5 to switch between firing options on the fly, so no need for breach adapter. We thought that most pumpers would not switch on the fly so we designed the hammer with the breach adapter. I hope that makes sense
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Can the hammer adapters fit the Mr5s?

I am looking at it for a cheap first strike semi platform.... but I intend to de-m16 it

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Spyder

It's not designed that way, but judging from your skills, I'm sure you could make it work.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to BigOldSkool

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Hmm... I have to look at one.

Local field made first strike legal at all events and a first strike general kill is some crazy amount of points. Decided I need a semi to back up my Sr1

RIP - Ed "BigDaddy" Roth and "Indian" Larry
Wild Geese - Coney Isand White Fish - ECA
BOS's Feedback!
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
BigOldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
We designed the MRX/5 to switch between firing options on the fly, so no need for breach adapter. We thought that most pumpers would not switch on the fly so we designed the hammer with the breach adapter. I hope that makes sense
Yes sir I completely understand. I currently have an automag that I run with a python sleeve kit, with an adapter for autococker threads, it works fairly well too. So a lock screw is not necessarily needed, but it's a nice to have when your trying to just clean the barrel without removing the whole adapter, since the adapter would have a detent to stop any more paintballs from feeding in.

Now even though the MR5 has a fairly thick barrel, it's not thick enough to be bored out to fit autococker sized barrel/threads into it . Thus it would require a good amount of mods to the gun itself to fit a bigger adapter, but better barrel choices would make it worth it in my opinion. In my opinion that's the biggest downfall with Tiberius guns, lack of barrel choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
It's not designed that way, but judging from your skills, I'm sure you could make it work.
Do you by any chance have any hammer adapter sizes on hand? I'm tempted to buy a hammer too, just am awaiting for the Autococker adapter threads to be released .
Old 02-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertRssian View Post
Yes sir I completely understand. I currently have an automag that I run with a python sleeve kit, with an adapter for autococker threads, it works fairly well too. So a lock screw is not necessarily needed, but it's a nice to have when your trying to just clean the barrel without removing the whole adapter, since the adapter would have a detent to stop any more paintballs from feeding in.

Now even though the MR5 has a fairly thick barrel, it's not thick enough to be bored out to fit autococker sized barrel/threads into it . Thus it would require a good amount of mods to the gun itself to fit a bigger adapter, but better barrel choices would make it worth it in my opinion. In my opinion that's the biggest downfall with Tiberius guns, lack of barrel choices.

Do you by any chance have any hammer adapter sizes on hand? I'm tempted to buy a hammer too, just am awaiting for the Autococker adapter threads to be released .
1) Adapters are crap.

2) Anything spyder threaded can be autococker rethreaded. Anything.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
1) Adapters are crap.

i don't think the mr5 is spyder threaded

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
What?!? No way...!
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
1) Adapters are crap.

Agreed on adapters being crap, but some guns are actually built around it. A5/BT-4 series is (easily removable to install any other threaded adapter). Same goes for hammer 7 too, technically it's using a barrel adapter that is held in place with a screw.

Good to know on rethreads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
They are not, think they are more like Automag classic or tiberius barrels, paintball window is cut in the barrel, with detent attached to the barrel similar to the mag style (via o-rings).

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman